• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody playing Dragon Warriors?

dbm

Savage!
I haven't picked up the new books yet (though I will) but I do still have the six original books.

We played this extensively back when it originally came out - in fact when I started playing there was just two books!

The Warlock is still my favourite class from any RPG, ever.

Cheers,
Dan

tylerthehobo

Explorer
Glad to hear all of the fond memories with this. My primary group is, largely, not a bunch of sticklers on rules - more beer and pretzels with enough guidance to keep the game manageable. Sounds like this will be a good fit! We've been playing RuneQuest lately, and most folks are really enjoying it, but the depth of the rules has confused a few folks (interestingly, the same ones who like the almost identical rules set in CoC...weird!).

maransreth

Explorer
The only gaming I am doing at the moment is Dragon Warriors. The DM and I both had the originaly books (still have all 6 of mine) and gamed alot with them.

The DM picked up the revised book and Bestiary due to nostalgia and wanted to know if I would be interested in playing and we convinced the other players in our group.

So 5 intrepid adventurers are currently searching for Robin Hood - 3 Knights, 1 Mystic and 1 Assassin.

Lancelot

Adventurer
Picked up the new Mongoose books for nostalgia, but am increasingly thinking of ways I can convince my group to give it a go for a mini-campaign. I love the setting, and I'm really hoping to see some new material after the re-release of the Power of Darkness.

Ant

First Post
I'm running a modified version of the Sleeping Gods campaign using the new books. We started with 3 players and now have 5 regulars. It's been a whole lot of fun so far (we've played 3 sessions to date).

I like the rule system, though it has some quirks. It should be said that, along with 3.5, I love OD&D and BECMI D&D so the Dragon Warriors rules really are my cup of tea.

The real strength of Dragon Warriors is not the rules, however. It's the wonderful and evocative setting.

Falstaff

First Post
I bought the new Core Book, monster book, and campaign book (sleeping gods). I ran some of sleeping gods for a month or so and my players really enjoyed it. But since the new HMb is out, no more DW. I do see us returning to DW in the future though. Great game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads