• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

anyone come back to DDO?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I played it a lot in the first week or so, but life got in the way. I hope to find some time to play this weekend. But then, that's why I like not paying a subscription, it makes it a lot easier to be casual about playing.

Ryan_Singer

First Post
I never considered buying DDO, but since it became free, I started playing last week.

I'm hooked. Much more fun for a D&D fan than WOW. I even spent the $12 to get the drow race, in order to play a more optimized Wizard.

You can find me on Cannith. My characters name is Lascielle.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I liked DDO when it was in beta, I really liked the atmosphere of the quests, very D&D like. But it wasn't worth the €15 a month to subscribe to it (there are sometimes months between active MMO periods for me), so I didn't do anything with it for years. When it was released for free I started playing again, It's a lot better then the original Beta. I even invested some money in all the races, classes and low and mid level adventures (bought 10,000 points for $100 => ~€70) So I can play those whenever I want.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads