• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone come up with solitaire combat rules?

porter235

First Post
I am interested in just trying some of the funky combat, and am perfectly capable of just switching sides back and forth, but I wanted to check if anyone has created or heard of solitaire rules which might provide a more unbiased decision tree (aka a basic AI) to the mosters?

SSquirrel

Explorer
I saw this thread and started thinking of things like "The One Eyed Jack gets a -2 to all attacks due to a lack of depth perception" :)

Last edited:

Jack Colby

First Post
Set up a simple bell curve rolling table using 2d6 or something. Make the most likely results involve fighting with At Will attacks, then the least likely results can be fighting defensively and outright retreat at the low end, and stronger attack powers leading up to total commitment to kill or die trying at the high end. It's not a perfect morale system, but it should work just for fun and variety.

erf_beto

First Post
Set up a simple bell curve rolling table using 2d6 or something. Make the most likely results involve fighting with At Will attacks, then the least likely results can be fighting defensively and outright retreat at the low end, and stronger attack powers leading up to total commitment to kill or die trying at the high end. It's not a perfect morale system, but it should work just for fun and variety.
Something like this, but with different tables for different monster roles since lurkers shouldn't fight like brutes. Also, the Tatics section in the MM shouldn't be ignored (wich will make each fight feel more unique).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads