• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

anyone else find wizards' boards very slow?

KenM

Banned
Banned
Last week I started looking at the message boards over on wizards site. I got very frustrated because everytime I clicked to go to another page, it would take at least a minute to load. Every page, and I have cable broadband. This happened everytime I looked at boards. Anyone else find those boards slow?

Dragongirl

First Post
Well you see, they laid-off off their computer tech people, and now outsource it to "Bubba and Jobob's Computer Place". So don't expect much........

......then again, I could just be making this up.....

Falcon of Lugh

First Post
Their message boards are ungodly slow. I'm also pushing a broadband connection (DSL) and getting a lacking response time from them.
After reading their boards and participating for well over a year I finally decided to move on and find a better "home." EN World is the winner (great quality, multiple forums, UBB code!). I feel for you all. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I imagine it's due to the ungodly traffic they get - the Pokemon and MtG boards over there are enormous.

Before people compare those boards to these, you should bear in minds that there have been time when these boards have been almost unuseable due to their slowness, and even now, they still slow down at peak times. As the site grows, I have no doubt that we'll run into problems again. :)

KenM

Banned
Banned
Well I'm not going back there, due to the slowness. Also I made a post over there regarding the slowness, had set up so whe someone posts, sent to my email, got like 5 responses, when i clicked on any of them, said topic did not exsit?????

Last edited:

Dragongirl

First Post
::Has a nightmare of everyone leaving WOTC boards for here, causing ENWorld to slow intollerably so then everyone goes to WOTC boards which slows, so then.........::

Sounds like it is time for a revolution in server upgrades. :)

Doppleganger

First Post
While the WOTC boards are typically slow, it appears they have been having some specific kind of intermittent problem recently (during the last week or two) and have REALLY slown down to an absolute crawl. The board techs will be doing their usual end-of-the-month purging of all oldest threads within the next day or so (we're talking tens of thousands of old and inactive posts in several forums), and hopefully that will eliminate at least some of the problem, who knows.

Remove ads