Anyone else seeing particylarly poor performance at enworld?

Nagol

Unimportant
G'day Folks,

I've been trying to use enworld for several days now with double-digit wait between page loads and generally crappy performance. Any chance others have noticed or is it something towards my end of the Internet?

Yup me too, but it has been on and off for years. Taking in the region of 10-30 secs to load each page, and errors as stated. The performance for ENW hasn't been good for a long time, sadly.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Every time my computer gets sent an "upgrade", its performance gets worse. I got one over Christmas / New Years, and moving around has been like wading in molasses.

EnWorld has its own problems in addition - it hasn't been the same since the Great Crash. "Waiting for response" is becoming more common. "Bad Gateway" shows up if I flip through too many pages quickly.

I presume that Morrus is working on improving the user experience from his end. Since I'm not paying anything to be here, I will practice the virtue of Patience and let him DO that.

CapnZapp

Legend
G'day Folks,

I've been trying to use enworld for several days now with double-digit wait between page loads and generally crappy performance. Any chance others have noticed or is it something towards my end of the Internet?
Nope, not just you. It goes in waves.

I imagine Morrus having to reboot the Windows server...

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Traffic has been increasing throughout the last year, and we're reaching a point where we need to accommodate it somehow - it's stretching resources to their limits. Working on it, but it's not quick fix.

Remove ads