Anyone enjoying Lost in Space Reboot

TheSword

Legend
It’s been out a few years now and up to season 3.

I’ve only just discovered it, and I must say I’m quite a fan. Don’t want to add spoilers but it feels like a series that is full of adventure. The worlds are pretty well detailed and interesting. There are lots of NPCs… I mean supporting characters. The primary antagonists are pretty intimidating.

It’s also funny. Particularly Don and Dr Zoe Smith (who is a glorious reinvention of doctor Zachery Smith and a far more 3d character)

They pass a hell of a lot of Knowledge checks and are already on the receiving end of whatever awful circumstances befall anyone… so kinda like the typical adventuring party.

I’d cheerfully recommend it. Here’s the season 1 trailer.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I liked the first season. Unfortunately, it is in my queue of things I watch on my own, as my wife isn't really a fan. And, with covid-time, my wife and I are usually watching stuff together, so that queue doesn't get any shorter.

Ryujin

Legend
I quite enjoyed it, even though I was raised on the original. I thought that it was a much better take than the 1998 movie and managed to tell a new, and interesting story while using the same basic framework.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
My wife and I loved this show. We rewatched season 1 when 2 came out, then rewatched both when 3 dropped. Every character had flaws, but every one also had redeeming qualities. And the situations were always changing so they're not always alone, not always on a planet, or not always safe. It had just the right amount of reasonable threat to keep the narrative moving forward and maintaining the tension every episode.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
It's better than it needs to be. They've thought ab out the sicence and environments of distant worlds with a realism that has never been attempted in Star Trek, which is both unnecessary and appreiated. The season 1 episode involving the ic e is very satisfying, and in spite of the campy/family sf fun, the chance to see 90s-indy-darling Parker Posey again is very satisfying.

the casting of the parents is great (both quality substantial actors, committing more than they need to). I enjoyed it.

Mezuka

Hero
We watched 4 or 5 episodes but didn't continue. I think there were too many shows at the same time. Maybe it's time to start watching it again.

Remove ads