Anyone ever play a dumb sorcerer?

Gnome

First Post
I was thinking it would be funny to have a sorcerer character that dump-statted INT. The idea of a half-orc (yeah, yeah, I know) sorcerer with a 6 INT sounds really funny to me for some reason. Scary, too. :p

Delta

First Post
Yes. My friend Paul S. played a great character named "Harold", a big, really dumb, kindhearted Ftr1/Sor X. He was so dumb he thought he was a wizard and carried around a spellbook that didn't really do him any good. :)

I once used an Int 8 drow sorcerer. He was the best student at a mage tower. The master flatly announced that this guy was an idiot "but so very talented anyway".

Huw

First Post
My sorceror in my current game has average (10) int. He does magic, but ain't hot on the technical details. Skillwise, he's got a bit of knowledge: arcana, but no spellcraft. He's got reasonable concentration and maxed out bluff (including a snake familiar). He doesn't think his way out of situations, he either talks or blasts his way out.

If I'd've wanted an intellectual spell caster, I'd've picked a wizard.

Drowbane

First Post
Heck yes!

I've played a "Ted" Sorc. Low Wis, Low Int, High Cha. "Whoa, dude, check this..." :greases floor: "hahahaha"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Pierre - one of my favorates was a int 6, wis 6 chr 17 sor.
I used him when another DM took over the game for a few weeks.
fuctionally retartded, he would latch onto an idea and use it over and over again regardless of past sucess or failure.
He played fetch with the druids wolf companion. And then have to go get whatever he had thrown.
He would summon mounts and hide behind them.
He firmly believed that he had an alarm spell which invloved a 30' silk rope and a stone of alarms.

He would get bored and ancy if asked to wait. He would yell medic and retreat if wounded (at all) the last was a survival trick pounded into him by an old bodyguard,

He was eaten by Brown Gorger ratmen after wandering away from the party. (I resumed DMing)

His family had major importance in the meta-plot, coming up again about 3 yrs later :)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Heh, I seem to recall a thread a whiles back (lost?) about a sorcerer who had a familiar that was smarter than he was...

The Auld Grump

Ron

Explorer
During the first time I played AD&D Oriental Adventures I was able to generate a Wu-Jen with a Int score of 9, despite the fact I rolled it with the Unearthed Arcana method. It was a such rare event that I had to play it. It was very funny, especially because I played him stupid, as his Int score was much bellow 9.

Remove ads