• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Anyone ever try a lord of the rings esque campaign?

If the PCs are smart they'll kick the old wizard in the shins until he agrees to call upon the Big Birds to fly them to Mt. Dooooommmmm!

There cannot be anything like giant eagles in your campaign world if you want it to work or else your players will simply tell you how your campaign SHOULD have ended.

Isifth

First Post
There cannot be anything like giant eagles in your campaign world if you want it to work or else your players will simply tell you how your campaign SHOULD have ended.

Well if your players have read the books, they would know better that that would not work...

Ohh, the surprise that they would get.

S

Sunseeker

All speech even. It's why Bilbo can understand the Spiders in Mirkwood. I agree that the ring has limited powers for anyone who is wearing it, and greater (and unknown) powers for more powerful wearers.

You could limit it when not attuned, but have more abilities that require attunement. Then add a level requirement for attuning the ring. If you wanted to go crazy you could have the ring's higher abilities vary by the class of the user. I.E. A barbarian with the ring would have different powers than a wizard etc.

I think that would be the coolest, but obviously the most difficult to implement.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads