• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone going to GenCon SoCal?

tarchon

First Post
Setanta said:
Wasn't it in December last year? I was definitley looking forward to going again, but I'll be on vacation.
Yeah, they moved it up to the weekend before Thanksgiving this year.

T. Foster

First Post
I live about an hour away (30 minutes if I get lucky with traffic) and used to go to GenCon Milwaukee every year back when I lived in Indiana, so I always consider going, but haven't actually made it either of the previous years and, to be honest, probably won't make it this year either...

Baron Opal

First Post
Oh, yes. It's been ages since I've gotten to a con and I finally can budget one this year. I'm looking forward to it tremendously.

Baron Opal

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
tarchon said:
I dunno if I can handle the 15 minute drive to Anaheim, but with some careful planning and saving up for gas, I may just be able to pull it off.
Heh. Ditto.

--The Sigil

IronWolf

blank
Probably won't be making it this year, Lady IronWolf is already travelling in late November, early December for a wedding. That shoots the budget. One year though, she would actually prefer to head to SoCal instead of Indy.

coyote6

Adventurer
I plan on going.

Of course, I'd planned on going last year, but those plans fell through. This year, though, I already have hotel reservations, so maybe they'll hold together better. :)

Just have to figure out whether I'm going to drive or fly.

DonTadow

First Post
reveal said:
After reading about the great time had at Indy, I was wondering if anyone was planning on going to GenCon SoCal. Or are y'all saving all your energy for next year? ;)
Hi reveal,

Just a warning. My girlfriend and I went to so cal last year after she had such a blast at gencon. Well, we found out that they are NOT the same. There are far less exhibitors (less than a quarter and the big ones such as paizo and reaper don't even go ) . The people are far more laid back and there are no more than 3 to 5 thousand. The hotels are nicer, cheaper and closer but nothing's open food wise after 11 oclock (we paid 20 dollars for a hamburger at 3 in the morning.. .yes that is how hungry we were... and yes we fought over the last pickle).

If you've never been to cali before and want to take in the atmosphere then go and have fun being there, but if youre looking to go to replace indy you'll be sorely disappointed. YOu'd be better off going to U-con, foundation games con (end of september) and trinicon (in october). YOu'll spend far less money and get about just as much "gaming" satisaction out of it.

Remove ads