• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone have the DMG handy?

reveal

Adventurer
Here's an interesting question: If the amounts are not OGL, is it technically illegal to post the values here for all to see?

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
reveal said:
Here's an interesting question: If the amounts are not OGL, is it technically illegal to post the values here for all to see?
Posting one value? Probably protected by "Fair Use."

BTW, a general rule of thumb (that I use when caught without my books), an NPC's wealth in gp is about 90% of the total XP required to achieve the character's next level (a 9th-level character has to have at least 55,000 XP to get to 10th level; 90% of that is 49,500 gp - sufficiently close to 49,000 gp IMO).

--The Sigil

Last edited:

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
reveal said:

Yes. We're horrible human beings that way.

On the flip side, we're horrible human beings who tend to buy a lot of product. I'm not going to say that this justifies my two illegal violations of the OGL just now, because it doesn't. However, it does help the game get played.

Crothian

First Post
reveal said:

No. Many of the Wizards books are not OGL but you will se them talked about and feats and prestige classes posted from them on message boards. I'm not sure where the line is but no one I've seen has said squat about it yet.

reveal

Adventurer
BiggusGeekus said:
Yes. We're horrible human beings that way.

You son of a.... ;)

I was just curious. I have a vague understanding of the OGL and was just curious what could and could not be posted that is not contained in the SRD.

AGGEMAM

First Post
The Sigil said:
BTW, a general rule of thumb (that I use when caught without my books), an NPC's wealth in gp is about 90% of the total XP required to achieve the character's next level (a 9th-level character has to have at least 55,000 XP to get to 10th level; 90% of that is 49,500 gp - sufficiently close to 49,000 gp IMO).

Hmm .. well .. no ..

That little equation only hold until the 9th level, whereafter a person starts getting more gps than xps.

Remove ads