• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone here from Edmonton, Alberta?

jollyninja

First Post
i also may be moving there in the near future from my desolate home 4 hours drive north. if that were to occur billy, it would be an honor to have my characters killed by a dm with a little style.

Foundry of Decay

First Post
I'm from the burbs in Edmonton (Well, sort of. Roughly 15 minutes from the downtown core).

Its a heck of a move! Though the culture shock probably won't be too bad, since we're all as loony as most Vancouver-ites ;)

Currently my game is running every 2 weeks however. I envy those lucky souls able to play once a week, though I'm still trying to get that regular game going myself.

A friendly word of warning. Never, ever eat at a place called 'Foody Goody' in this city.

That is all :)

Foundry of Decay

First Post
Teflon Billy said:

Wow...nice big list!

I may very well be moving to Edmonton in the next little while, does anyone run a wekkly game (or be would anyone be interested in joining one if I got it going?)

I'd certainly be willing to join up in a game. I haven't *played* since 1994 or so, and I'm itching to actually just sit back and play rather than have to write up an entire campaign (I'm running *two* at the moment, one regular and one AU ).

Foundry of Decay

First Post
uv23 said:
I'm not an Edmontonian but I play one on tv...

Actually I moved from Edmonton to Calgary a few years ago and have never regretted it. Much "better" city... move here instead. ;)

Despite the rhetoric of people spouting 'Calgary sucks' around Edmonton, I'll fully admit that Calgary is a much better city indeed.

I've grown up in Edmonton, and despite only visiting Calgary a few times, I was much more impressed by that city than this one, especially by the Sentry Box (They seriously NEED to do something with the web site though).

We're stuck with Warp 1 and 2, and both are horribly lacking, and wildly overpriced. Though we do have a good store in St. Albert I've heard. One of my players went in looking for Reaper miniatures and was floored by the selection.

Agamon

Adventurer
Right on, Billy's moving to Edmonton. Might have to take a roadie to say, Hiya! (a lot of people say 'Howdy' in this province, but they should be shot with their own unregistered firearms, IMO :D)

King_Stannis

Explorer
Man, that is news, TB...is it job related?

In any case, hope everything works out well. Guess you can trade in your Canucks jersey for an Oiler one, eh? :)

Teflon Billy

Explorer
King_Stannis said:
Man, that is news, TB...is it job related?

Nope, and it's not carved in stone; just an idea my SO and I are kicking around.

In any case, hope everything works out well. Guess you can trade in your Canucks jersey for an Oiler one, eh? :)

Might as well, the goddam Canucks drove me to distraction these last playoffs.

I've always liked the Oilers (though I think the loss of both Anson Carter and Doug Weight might have put the nail in that particular coffin)

mossfoot

First Post
Well my aunt lives near Calgary (Brooks)...and I bicycled through Alberta on the way across Canada... can I be an honorary Albertan? :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads