• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone here play DemonWars Reformation?

Have you played DemonWars Reformation?

• Yes, I still play it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I no longer play it.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, but I have heard of it.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No, I don't even know what that is.

Votes: 4 57.1%

Slit518

Adventurer
Have any of you, or do any of you play DemonWars Reformation? I remember the Kickstarter back a few years ago, and I even donated to it. But since the initial launch of the game, as well as the failed Kickstarter for a 2nd book, I haven't heard much about DemonWars Reformation.

So my question is, do you play it?

Here is the game in question available at Drive-Thru RPG:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/201142/DemonWars-Reformation-RPG

For those of you that don't know what the game is:
It's a game created by R.A. Salvatore, set in his Demon Wars universe. You primarily play monks of different faiths and training. It's like D&D in the aspect you can do whatever you want with the story, but the mechanics are totally different. It was pretty decent when I played it, and I would recommend checking it out at least once or twice if you can.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

First Post
I'm a big fan of the original novel trilogy, I recall strongly disliking the subsequent books, and I had no idea he made an RPG about it. I only found one review linked to from the DriveThruRPG page, and it describes how everyone plays as an Abellican monk. This seems weird to me, as only one of the three main characters from the original trilogy is a monk (one of, like, seven major characters, if I recall correctly). And he's not even the main character. Also, the PDF is really expensive...what did you like uniquely about the system?

Slit518

Adventurer
Also, the PDF is really expensive...what did you like uniquely about the system?

The characters don't gain HP every level. So let's say at 1st level you gain the bulk of your HP, and at later levels you get a few HP here & there.

There are a few resources that aren't large arbitrary numbers that help you play the game, such a Focus, Balance, etc...

You can expend those to do certain things in combat.

Also, there are several kinds of Abellican monks, so it's not like 1 class, but instead several classes from that one idea.

He was supposed to have an expansion that added a Rogue type class and a Bard type class. But the funding for that failed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads