• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone know the name of this monster?

tarchon

First Post
Yeah, the exact morphology of nagas and yuan-ti has varied a bit from edition to edition, so I'm sure that among them there's one that fits. Note also the variety of nagas floating around.

Might try a weresnake with hybrid form too using the lycanthrope template if you were feeling cheeky.

BTW, does anyone remember the name of an old D&D monster that consisted of a creeping hand? Was it "creeping hand" or something like that?

Tewligan

First Post
I ran an adventure where the characters were crossing the bottom of an underground ravine. They heard a rustling sound coming from around the bend as the last of them was climbing up the other side - when they got to the top and looked down, they saw a few dozen severed hands racing to the spot where the party had been moments before, scrabbling around and hopping agitatedly up and down on their fingertips. For some reason, those hands alarmed them more than other, much more dangerous things that they encountered. They immediately threw a few flasks of oil and a torch down into the tiny horde, then watched in horror and disgust as the little scamps scuttled frantically around the dark ravine like little dancing torches before collapsing and burning out. I was mightily pleased by their shock, lemme tell ya.

Lisa Nadazdy

First Post
The naga from Rokugan d20 seems to fit the bill. You'll have to modify them a bit (they have Shadowlands Taint Immunity as a racial ability, but it shouldn't be too hard to swap that out for something else). There are some interesting Bloodline abilities, too.

Remove ads