• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Anyone looking for a dark 5E setting?

While "don't go outside" is the general rule--and indeed, exile is one of the harshest, most brutal punishments the law can impose--there are a select few people who do so, occasionally making quick runs to collect resources or the like. So while they're the exception to the rule, there is some room for adventures outside Redoubt, too.

GlassJaw

Hero
This sounds pretty cool. I've had some very similar ideas myself for possible campaigns. I really like the concept of post-apocalypse meets fantasy without being "Sauron wins".

Anyway, the biggest question I have for this KS (and will probably determine if I back it) is this: are there rules for a low-magic casting systems? While I liked AIME, I was disappointed by the lack of an actual low-magic casting system.

Anyway, the biggest question I have for this KS (and will probably determine if I back it) is this: are there rules for a low-magic casting systems? While I liked AIME, I was disappointed by the lack of an actual low-magic casting system.

I'm afraid I really can't talk about how we're addressing the magic level in Lost Citadel yet. I can tell you that it's an issue high on the design team's priority list, but I can't go into how we're dealing with it, how much is new or modified rules, how much is DM advice, and so forth.

Sorry. I know that's not the most informative answer, but it's what I can give right now. :eek:

GlassJaw

Hero
I'm afraid I really can't talk about how we're addressing the magic level in Lost Citadel yet. I can tell you that it's an issue high on the design team's priority list, but I can't go into how we're dealing with it, how much is new or modified rules, how much is DM advice, and so forth.

Are there plans to go into more detail during the Kickstarter?

Are there plans to go into more detail during the Kickstarter?

Honestly don't know. The KS is pretty much entirely in the hands of CA Suleiman and Nicole Lindroos. I'm happy to pass along the fact that people are asking about this, and will do so later today, but I can't guarantee the response (or even whether the design team will have all the answers by the time the KS closes).

Mercule

Adventurer
The Lost Citadel was originally created by myself, CA Suleiman, and Jaym Gates.
Awww.... crap. I already spend too much money on Kickstarter. So far, I've stuck to board games instead of RPGs. I don't know Gates, but I've always been happy with what you and Suleiman have done.

So, Green Ronin has just announced their upcoming Modern AGE game. At the end of the article, they've also posted a link to "Requiem, in Bells," my short story from The Tales of The Lost Citadel fiction anthology. It's the first in the anthology (which is also available through the RPG Kickstarter, and will be available for sale on its own afterward), and was deliberately written to help introduce readers to many of the basic conceits and details of the setting. If you're looking for a closer look at what the property is about, what the city of Redoubt is like, and a solid adventure-style story you can tell in the setting, it's not a bad place to start. :)

https://greenronin.com/blog/2017/06/12/ronin-roundtable-enter-the-modern-age/

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads