• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone made a Decay Domain yet?

Kyramus

First Post
I'd like to get ideas out there for those who have made a decay domain for clerics.

I'm running a blank and so I figured I'd post for some helpful ideas. :)

Xarlen

First Post
I think it's AEG who put out Evil, which I believe has a Decayh domain. Unfortuantely, it has the dorky power of all damage from a Ray spell must be magically healed, or something like that. Nothing great.

The spell list is sorta dorky, too. ;)

I would suggest... Hmm. My gut says 'Enervasion!' because that's a cool 'decay' spell, sorta. Maybe for the 5th level spell?

Contagin says 3rd, to me. Maybe Shatter, also? Likely should have some Inflict spell on there. Or Unholy blight.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
There is a rot domain in one of the AEG books (undead, I think, though it would have been duplicated in Mercenaries.)

Kyramus

First Post
so far I've been thinking disease but that's not decay.

this is my preliminary at the moment
level 1- bane (appearance would be a pain in the bones that seem to reflect arthritis or some such)
level 2- summon swarm
level 3- contagion
level 4- enervation
level 5- nightmare
level 6-
level 7-
level 8- horrid wilting
level 9-

It still doesn't quite grasp me. Horrid wilting is a definite.

Don't even have a granted power, I was thinking like a decaying aura that damages everything living and non living. imagine arrows that don't have arrow heads cause they decayed off the arrow, etc.

Xarlen

First Post
Then the cleric couldn't use items, armor, weapons, etc... ;)

How about a Touch attack (And then a ranged touch attack at higher levels?) that works like the Death touch of the Death domain. However, it could be used to weaken nonliving things, or hurt living creatures?

There's a spell in the Warrens of the Ratmen which cause breaking bones. You might want that?

Vymair

First Post
Kyramus said:
so far I've been thinking disease but that's not decay.

this is my preliminary at the moment
level 1- bane (appearance would be a pain in the bones that seem to reflect arthritis or some such)
level 2- summon swarm
level 3- contagion
level 4- enervation
level 5- nightmare
level 6-
level 7-
level 8- horrid wilting
level 9-

It still doesn't quite grasp me. Horrid wilting is a definite.

I'd add Epidemic from MoTW as a 9th level spell. Harm looks pretty good as a 6th as well.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
You might want to look in the sealed section of the latest Dragon. There's a 9th level spell called Putrefaction that would do the trick for you. And of course, the delightful 6th level spell Wall of Maggots.

Kyramus

First Post
hmmm Thanks, keep it coming. I want to mix and match until I get the right feel for the domain.

What I vision it to be is something that focuses more on decay, so maggots are nice and putrefication (waits eagerly for the new dragon).

Some of the spells I will be removing cause they don't really focus too much on it.

As for the decay aura, it's against his enemies, not against himself. The god wouldn't want his cleric to die from no equipment, but he loves gobbling up the essence of the items that the cleric decays in his travels.

:)

Remove ads