• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone near Napa, CA?

Moot point. I'm selling off my entire collection, a total of 28 boxes of gaming material from D&D (basic set through 3E and d20), GURPS, Battletech/Mechwarrior, Legend of the Five Rings, GDW's Traveller, and a bunch of other stuff. I've already had someone pick up half of the boxes to sell them for me, and he'll be back in a week to pick up the rest....

WSmith

First Post
I have a friend who is from Petaluma. He was the best DM I ever had. A Great player too, as I have had some of the best games with him over the years.

Unfortunitly, he is currently TDY to Alaska with the USCG. So, I doubt he will be able to hook up.

BTW, HA, are you looking to get out of gaming all togehter or just get rid of your collection?

I'm looking to get out of gaming altogether. It's entirely too addicting. Look at my collection, if you want, and you'll see I have more than 1,100 products (including, to be fair, about 300 magazines). How much have I used? Well, back in 1992-1993, I played in a short campaign set in the Forgotten Realms, and I also played in a practically-didn't-occur BattleTech campaign.

That means that, in the last nine years, I've been buying about $150 or more of roleplaying supplements, without ever using any of it.

That's an expensive habit, of which is no use to me. I could have paid off my car loan and two of my student loans by now, if I had put the money there. And that's just within the last two years. I could have put a lot more money into savings.

The only way I'm going to get out of gaming is if I make a clean break. I've got to get rid of everything, because I know I'll never spend that much money again on a hobby. And since I'll never be able to reproduce this collection, I won't even try.

WSmith

First Post
Well, HA. I can certainly see where you are coming from. I have a three year subscription to both Dragon and Dungeon magazines. I read through them when I get them, and end up putting them in a box. I would like to get a scanner to copy the pages I want, then I would probably ebay the mags.

I don't have even as close to as much material as you, but I do feel similar in a way. I have played a few kick around games, and have played online, but nothing serious since I got out of the Air Force in '97. I had about given up on D&D just as 3rd edition was announced. That resparked my interest. I was jazzed again. Now, three years later, I still haven't found a real group and I have a "bunch" of RPG stuff I will never use. The 1e they can have when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! :D If for nothing else, just for nostalgia sake.

I was never really as attached to 2e as 1e. But still some of that time period stuff I could never get rid of cause I like too much. I don't have all the Al-Qadim products, but I really love it and am trying to finish my collection. I like some of the Mysatra stuff too. Other than that, I have all kinds of stuff I will never use. I am going to eventually put them up on ebay and hopefully someone out there will find them usefull.

Third edition: I still have more stuff than I will ever use. Some of that stuff I will put up for sale on ebay too.

So, I can sympathize with you. Good luck and I hope all works out for you. :)

Remove ads