Anyone Played Artesia or the Game of Thrones RPG by Green Ronin ?

Brandegoris

First Post
Once we played ASOIAF, it was so bad that after 2 sessions no one wanted to repeat the experience and we didn't finish the published adventure. Pages and pages of errata, some people made untouchable characters that made all encounters (combat or social) trivial, social combat in our group was an obstacle for roleplaying...
I too played ONCE for about 3 sessions. We had TWO characters that were knights and BOTH spent all their starting points into Valyrian weapons.. End Result? They were very hard to kill and they shredded everything... :(

Also I never did get into the social "combat" stuff, and I was worried that even though it may work it would cut down on the roleplaying ( it didn't because my group is pretty great at Roleplaying and I just gave bonuses where appropriate to the roles for the Roleplaying), But it WAS kind of boring.... I mean if you are NOT a combat oriented player you simply cannot fight ( I mean you can...But you will die super fast).
Its realistic and all, but it created a gulf between combat players and non combat players.....Hard to balance and keep things fun
I am going to give it a shot as a SINGLE -PLAYER campaign for my son. It may work for him. Just one knight with an NPC squire roving around?
LOL
I read " A knight of the Seven Kingdoms" from George Martin, over this X-Mas season and it deals with the adventures of Dunk & Egg ( Duncan the Tall and the Prince in disguise Aegon Targaryen). It was certainly an inspiration for the single player campaign with my boy!

GreyLord

Legend
From that description it actually seems like castles and crusades would fit my group well. We are looking for something that isn't too bogged down with rules.
Is the world of Airde any good or is it run of the Mill?

The world of Airde is pretty run of the Mill IMO. Many enjoy it, but I normally do not use it in my home campaigns. If I do use a campaign world with C&C it's normally the 3e Forgotten Realms or Golarion. I did enjoy utilizing Gary Gygax's Castle Zagyg, but after his passing it went out of print and prices went astronomical so that's probably not a great way to go these days.

Remove ads