• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone playing Age of Conan?

werk

First Post
I've been excited for AoC for a while now but am still holding off because the quests just seem lame.

Go here, kill x amount of y, return.

Is there more to it than this, or is it MMO like 1999?

TwistedBishop

First Post
I've been playing it pretty much non-stop since release. It's an excellent MMO which is, at times, hampered by its required system specs.

That said, the amount of atmosphere and character imbued into every part of the game is really stunning. I think they've done a great job with it.

Thanee

First Post
To be fair, though, I think it's rather difficult to find a new concept that also works. They do have some innovative aspects in the game, but at the core it's still a MMORPG, like EverQuest or WoW.

Bye
Thanee

Farganger

First Post
I've been playing for the last few weeks.

It's tough on my system, but the game looks great and the PvP is a lot of fun.

Like all MMROPGs, you have to look around for RP, even on an RP-PVP server, but it's there.

The Frazettaesque/Hyborian aesthetic is a nice change from the more cartoony games out there (such as WoW).

Woas

First Post
Yup. Been playing since launch. I could not stand the visuals and idea behind World of Warcraft... I dunno just never got into it. But since I am a huge Conan fan, this game really rocks for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads