Anyone using Onenote?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Thanks for that, HoE. Was hoping I could avoid having to change duplicate data manually.

At least it should be good for sorting out my game rules - which are a mess of Word files containing my house rules and amendments to the core rules used in conjuntion with the manuals.

I could scan the relevant pages out of the manuals and combine them with my house rules in a cohesive, searchable, rulebook. (Will certainly beat hastily thumbing through the books to find the sections I want)

And should also help keep my campaign notes in order and facilitate the transition from session as "planned" to Session Journal.

there are some other programs, see link in my sig

Wolf1066

First Post
Cheers, HoE, had already found that thread - most useful.

Well, I spent part of today at work playing around in OneNote and this afternoon I installed OneNote on my home computer. Now the fun of organising my rules and campaign notes will begin.

Haltherrion

First Post
I'm not really sure if this is right forum for this...I was looking at Microsoft's Onenote program, and was wondering if anyone is using it to organize their session notes...Any feedback (of the constructive sort), ideas, etc.

--Elrith

Yes, I love it. Very nicely done. Light weight so it is fast. Easy to gather material of different formats from multiple places. Easy to organize material.

I still do my session notes in a .doc file but I store odds and ends in OneNote.

I use it much as I used to use paper notebooks. Except now I can't lose the book, the cat can't spill water on it and get it all crinkly etc.

Also use it for work, writing, home notes. It's super handy.

Remove ads