• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls... Characters Selected!

D20Dazza

Explorer
Hi Isida,

I don't check the TtT thread much and so unfortunately this is the first time I've seen this thread and I'm keen as mustard to whack an application in. No idea what though, there are some fantastic PCs floating around in the RG so I'm going to have to do some flicking and come up with something suitably interesting - I'm on it though.

Love yer work

Cheers

Daz

P.S. Good seeing ya Phoenix, been awhile.

EDIT: I had a quick look at some books and am currently thinking Tauric (Savage Species) Blink Dog (MM) Hadozee (Stormwrack 41) or Insectile (savage Species) Hadozee (Stormwrack 41) with some aberrant feats and other goodies from that book (depending on how many levels I have I might take a PC), as to class, hmmmm - something roguish, Ninja or the Spellthief, or perhaps the Duskblade or Beguiler if noone has got dibs.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Kelleris said:
Hey Isida. I'd like to get in on this if you still have the room. Unfortunately, I can't make a lower-level version of Arion, largely because Bard is banned. I guess I could make an *actual* Ninja, but then I'd have to have a decent Wisdom, and where's the fun in that?

Also, I just moved to Chicago a week ago from my usual Texan haunts, so I'm a bit book-sparse. I'm working on getting something going, but I'll need a while longer to get a character up.

Oh, and (weird request) could you or Wrahn post the link to the epic game's Rogue's Gallery? I want to steal the formatting I used there.
[Nevermind. Found the new RG thread. Whoopsie.]
EDIT: Annoyingly, the two books I do have are the one I wrote and Mongoose's Quintessential Chaos Mage, both of which I would love to play something from but that you don't have. Oh well. On that note, I wish you had the DMG II, since that's my main source of non-core items at the moment. I'll just have to improvise. Do non-standard items built using the DMG rules count as not being core?

www.d20srd.org check out the psionic and variant rules sections for easy to access XPH and UA OGC material, including variant bard class stuff which IT said would be allowed if you want to go with that concept. In addition to psionic classes and variant core classes (and paragon race classes) they also have race options from UA and XPH which are not core.

Bront

The man with the probe
Also, check the Wizards site for book previews.

I've found the Darfellan, the Psionic Rogue, the Chamelion PrC, and the Knight on their site, so there are all sorts of interesting things there for the picking.

Kelleris

Explorer
Voadam said:
www.d20srd.org check out the psionic and variant rules sections for easy to access XPH and UA OGC material, including variant bard class stuff which IT said would be allowed if you want to go with that concept. In addition to psionic classes and variant core classes (and paragon race classes) they also have race options from UA and XPH which are not core.

Yeah, there's also http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php. They have the consolidated feat lists from all of the Complete books, as well as all the base classes and a number of different races. It's where I found the Hexblade and Shugenja's stats, actually.

Does anyone have an opinion on the changes I suggested for the Hexblade? I'd like to get started on this character properly, or find another one. I, too, am getting antsy seeing all the other good characters hanging out on the RG thread. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hey, if nothing else, just get your background up and a general idea as to where you're going stat-wise. I'm picking on background and concept first. :)

Kelleris, drop the HD down to 6d and it's yours. Ethereal travel down to 50% reliability for the blink dog. But I still get the last say. :)

To all: I was just hoping to get things like a whisper gnome ninja or azurine incarnate... I'm not holding a "weirdest character ever" contest, really I'm not. And a simple hazodee swashbuckler with the Old Salt feat has just as much chance as an octopus wizard inside his water elemental buddy.

So, you don't have to try to make the weirdest thing your mind can devise, unless you want to. Just something cool and a bit odd that you weren't able to get in another game.

I just don't want people to feel they can't give this game a try because they only have one or two non-core sources. :)

Hey sans, what if someone, let's say me :cool:, were to play the water elemental instead of using him as an NPC? Would that fly or would that kinda mess up your character?

Kelleris

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Hey, if nothing else, just get your background up and a general idea as to where you're going stat-wise. I'm picking on background and concept first. :)

Kelleris, drop the HD down to 6d and it's yours. Ethereal travel down to 50% reliability for the blink dog. But I still get the last say. :)

But of course! Glad you liked the unreliability nerf for the ethereality too.

Isida said:
To all: I was just hoping to get things like a whisper gnome ninja or azurine incarnate... I'm not holding a "weirdest character ever" contest, really I'm not. And a simple hazodee swashbuckler with the Old Salt feat has just as much chance as an octopus wizard inside his water elemental buddy.

So, you don't have to try to make the weirdest thing your mind can devise, unless you want to. Just something cool and a bit odd that you weren't able to get in another game.

Heh. Just speaking for myself here, a whisper gnome ninja or azurine incarnate is the kind of thing my players inflict on me anyway, so they're kinda mundane. I'm looking forward to trying a character that isn't even a humanoid, though.

I just don't want people to feel they can't give this game a try because they only have one or two non-core sources. :)

Well, between the UA stuff online and Crystalkeep's compilation of the Complete books, we've got quite a lot floating around for free, so it's not so bad.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelleris said:
Heh. Just speaking for myself here, a whisper gnome ninja or azurine incarnate is the kind of thing my players inflict on me anyway, so they're kinda mundane. I'm looking forward to trying a character that isn't even a humanoid, though.
Right now most of my players are 12 years old and younger, so their library of books is small, to say the least. Of course they all want to play massively powerful demons and dragons and drow and kill everything on sight. But someone's got to teach the new generation, and I sorta fell into it. Gaming on here lets me play with some more mature gamers, which helps keep me sane. :)

Mad Hatter

First Post
Woah, this sounds totally interesting! Anywho, I'm tossing around 3 ideas here. I'll of course flesh out the character as soon as you approve one.

1st: The Creature Collection II has the stormchild. I created a character using this race as a base but I had to work with my dm a lot to do this. It was a stormchild. So I was heavy in weather manipulation. But some of the things the race gets are too powerful and emphasize things that I kinda don't want (i.e foresight, blidnsight, and see ethereal). And other things are slightly weak for what I actually want to do with it (of course you may not think so;)).

2nd: It goes along with the first one but I was thinking that maybe I could take the celestial or fiendish template from the MM and change the abilities to be more weather-like and less celestial/fiendish-like.

3rd: This was the rogue/diviner-type that I sorta peddled to you when you had your epic level campaign. This character would be a rogue only in that she gets her sneak attack because she see things before it happens not so much because she's actually all stealthy and such. I see that you want more weird stuff, but I don't exactly know how to get sneak attack without actually needing to be a rogue or more standard than you want. Ok, so after talking with a friend down by the way, I found that a ninja could be used for what I want. I could substitute ninja abilities for divinatory ones.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads