• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls... Characters Selected!

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I actually have Profession Sailor. I needed it to take Ship's Mage. It may not be as flashy as Practised Spellcaster (which I'm thinking of swapping my give-friends-water-breathing thing for), but it seems to fit (it gives +1 caster level when you're on your ship).
I have 5 ranks in Prof: Sailor too :p

Bront

The man with the probe
Kelleris said:
Oh, I meant more in the roleplaying sense and the sense that we can hand off shiply duties to one person. Admittedly, that one person could be anyone with Profession (sailor), but the Dread Pirate would certainly be a further step along that path.
Ekilu sorta is. He's kinda a reluctant leader (who hears voices).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Yeah, for an 8th level character that only has 1 attack, he's pretty good.
True--you do have the highest strength except those animorphs with the huge racial Str bonuses. I mean, you have as much Strength as Nissa, Lex, and the Mindbender combined!

Rystil Arden said:
True--you do have the highest strength except those animorphs with the huge racial Str bonuses. I mean, you have as much Strength as Nissa, Lex, and the Mindbender combined!
Haha. ... hey wait ... I"m that mindbender ... ouch :p

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Yeah, the +2 racial bonus helped. Fear my spear!

In a side note, I killed 2 characters in my campaign today. First time I've killed anyone in a campaign, and I did it twice! Same guy was playing both when they died, but oh well.

Admittedly, one of them set off a bomb equivilent and that's what did him in, so he only has himself to blame, but not my problem ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Yeah, the +2 racial bonus helped. Fear my spear!

In a side note, I killed 2 characters in my campaign today. First time I've killed anyone in a campaign, and I did it twice! Same guy was playing both when they died, but oh well.

Admittedly, one of them set off a bomb equivilent and that's what did him in, so he only has himself to blame, but not my problem ;)
Bombs are deadly. I'm surprised it was that that did them in and not the deadly kinetiforged :]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Bombs are deadly. I'm surprised it was that that did them in and not the deadly kinetiforged :]
Different session. The Lord of Blades did much better than your Kinetiforged (Nearly took out 3 himself).

No, they set off the equivilent of a 20d6 disintigrate that got everyone, more for the forged that were closer to it. Long story, but earlier they had used a similar effect to end the artificialy generated mourning.

Yes, the campaign's over.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads