• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls

Shayuri

First Post
I don't have my books here with me, so I can't get specific yet.

For now I'm more interested in the mechanic. Replacing warmage spells with thematically appropriate spells from books other than core/complete arcane.

Good examples of spells that I'd probably want to lose: Phantasmal Killer, Mass Fire Shield, Weird.

The phantasm spells seem out of place in the warmage arsenal to me (to Treb's especially), and Mass Fire Shield is an odd party buff in a spell list dedicated to blastin'. Singular Fire Shield is okay though, since it's one of the only personal defenses a warmage has. :)

On the one hand, the opportunity to use spells from more recent sources would be nice. On the other, if you feel it'd threaten to make the warmage too versatile or unbalanced then I'd understand.

Erekose13

Explorer
I'm still about, though my posting rate is a little low for another few weeks till my course is over. Retaking Vaukriel would be great!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Even with just us four, we don't really have any gaps that the initial group didn't already have with all of the original six (healing was sparse even with our ooze and our flying ape spellthief), so the good news is that we may not have to rerecruit, plus, I've found that games with fewer players tend to go much faster.

Without looking at the RG (that's cheating :lol: ), I think from memory that this leaves us with two non-LA characters, Warforged Warmage and Illumian Duskblade, and then two heavy-LA characters, Blink Dog (with some Hexblade) and Nereid (with a little bit of Beguiler)

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Even with just us four, we don't really have any gaps that the initial group didn't already have with all of the original six (healing was sparse even with our ooze and our flying ape spellthief), so the good news is that we may not have to rerecruit, plus, I've found that games with fewer players tend to go much faster.

Without looking at the RG (that's cheating :lol: ), I think from memory that this leaves us with two non-LA characters, Warforged Warmage and Illumian Duskblade, and then two heavy-LA characters, Blink Dog (with some Hexblade) and Nereid (with a little bit of Beguiler)

Yeah, that's right. Well, having Bront's guy around for healing was a nice place to be, but I'm always up for a clericless party! :D

Though I kinda hope we get in a fight soon, once we restart. I never even got a chance to flex my curses in combat, before.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I just noticed in the IC thread that we actually did get Bront's Darfellan Cleric in the group, so if he's good to come back, that would be five (and healing).

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Nac Mac Feegle - Just for giggles and grins, what would you have in mind for an alternate character?

All - I've put out a call for Voidrazor and D20Dazza to see if we can get the rest of the old crew back together. If not, then we'll just go on with who we have.

Erekose13 - I'm afraid I don't have the Experimenal Might book.

Mad Hatter

First Post
Hey Isida. If you're still considering alternates I'd love to play. I still have my original idea of the ninja diviner (although I've tweaked her quite a bit) and I was thinking a weresquid half-water elemental.

Mad Hatter

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads