• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AoO's and Occult Slayer, Concentration Checks

SadisticFishing

First Post
Well, I have an Occult Slayer BBEG-type thing planned (Fighter 8/Monk 2/Occult Slayer 5 Warforged), and I have a question or two.

If I ready an action to disrupt, and also AoO the caster (Mage Slayer, the feat), they have to roll two concentration checks to keep the spell, right?

Also, do I ready an action to "disrupt any spellcaster"? Or just one in particular? Readying actions is slightly confusing to me.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Well, to be honest, you should never ever get a change to AoO a spell caster unless they really play poorly. With a five foot step, they will be safe from you. Now if you are a knight, or have a reach weapon it could happen

But then again, having a high level opponent standing ready to AoO the caster is a godsend for the party, as he is stuck in one place, and getting a single attack instead of a full attack or some other option. The res of the party will just slaughter him.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
EyeontheMountain said:
Now if you are a knight, or have a reach weapon it could happen

If you've only got a 5 foot reach and there are no obstacles, being a knight won't stop them 5-foot-stepping away from you. The squares you threaten are considered difficult terrain, but the square they're moving into isn't, so the 5-foot step isn't prevented.

-Hyp.

SadisticFishing

First Post
Haha, it's a chain fighting Occult Slayer who's fighting them in a small room with an Enlarge Person potion..

Also, have you actually read Occult Slayer? It won't take more than 1 readied hit and an AoO to drop someone..

Last edited:

boolean

Explorer
SadisticFishing said:
Haha, it's a chain fighting Occult Slayer who's fighting them in a small room with an Enlarge Person potion..

Also, have you actually read Occult Slayer? It won't take more than 1 readied hit and an AoO to drop someone..

Have you actually read enlarge person? Warforged aren't people.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
SadisticFishing said:

Ok, so he readies to hit the wizard, and the wizard does not cast. Teh toerh 3 party members, kick him to the curb. Tough fight ;)

Nice xp though

SadisticFishing

First Post
EyeontheMountain said:
Ok, so he readies to hit the wizard, and the wizard does not cast. Teh toerh 3 party members, kick him to the curb. Tough fight ;)

Nice xp though

Yes, because the group will know that he won initiative and took his action to ready a hit...

To the Enlarge Person naysayer - thanks :p is there any way to enlarge a Warforged?

Remove ads