• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Apparatus of Dreadful Construction

Clifford

First Post
Ohh a Epic monster we missed.

Aparatus of dredful construction from encyclopedia magica volume 1.

Big nasty golem thats chews up everything and turns it into a road.

Cliff

Kwitchit

First Post
Clifford said:

Cliff
Post the old stats.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Clifford said:

Cliff

Sounds cool! :cool:

Clifford

First Post
Alright how aboyr we do The aparatus after we finish with the Gigantes?

The cool thing about the Aparatus of dredful construction is that it dident have monster stats but was verry much a monster. Much like the mighty servant of Lukie-O ( I think that how it is pronounced.

Lemme see i dont have the book right infront of me but if i remember correctly these are the vaugish stats it had. Plus a couple ideas on d20 stats.

Invincable
Pretty much nothing could stop its foreward movement.
10d12 trample. Anyone struck by this attack had to make a system shock or die.
Heat aura (No damage listed it seemed to just ignight flamable stuff.)
Make roads which are 10 feet wide and as hard as metal, though definatly rocklike.
The roads were hot for 6 hours after their construction and delivered 6d6 fire damage to anyone touching them -1d6 for each hour they cooled.
32 movement rate.
18 burrow movement rate.
Teleport after 1d20 rounds of being submerged.

weighed 30 tons

10 feet wide 25 feet long.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Clifford, since that was in a magic item book is that an artifact instead of a creature? if so, i don't mind doing it in a separate thread. :)

back on track:

Rock Throwing (Ex): The range increment is 200 feet for Enceladus’s thrown rocks. He uses both hands when throwing a rock. Enceladus can hurl rocks of X to X pounds (Huge objects).

Rock Catching (Ex): Enceladus can catch Small, Medium, or Large rocks (or projectiles of similar shape). Once per round, when Enceladus would normally be hit by a rock he can make a Reflex save to catch it as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium one, and 25 for a Large one. (If the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount.) Enceladus must be ready for and aware of the attack in order to make a rock catching attempt.

Question: should he be able to catch spell-like abilities as well as spells? :) or would the different way that they work be too much trouble?

Clifford

First Post
Well BOZ it (The aperatus of dredful construction.) was in a magic item book but it definatly seemed like a creature sense it moved of its own ovation. More like a golem than an aparatus of Kwalish by any case.

Cliff

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
which book was it in, and under what heading (Apparatus?)

i'll look it up and see. i don't mind statting it up as a magic item if that's what it should be, or as a creature if that's what it should be.

Kwitchit said:
Looks finished, then?

i think so! :)

Kwitchit

First Post
If we're on the Apparatus (which is independent, and thus a Construct not an item) here are my notes on it:
OK, onto the Apparatus of Dreadful Construction:
Seems to be a Gargantuan Construct (about 80 HD)
Speed should be 20, but it should have to slow right down to swallow stuff.
AC around 35, but Touch AC of 5 or so.
DR 20/adamantine or epic

Str 50, Dex 7, Con 0, Int 0, Wis 4, Cha 1
Has the iron golem's magic immunity.
Special Attack: Swallow (Ex) If it moves over an opponent of Huge or smaller size, it may swallow them. They may either make an AoO, or take a DC25 Reflex save to get out of the way. If engulfed, they take 20d6 points of fire damage and 20d6 points of crushing damage per round due to the action of the machinery. They are inside the Apparatus for d3+3 rounds. Anything else (such as items) which is engulfed suffers the same fate.

Special Ability: Make Road (Ex) All squares that the apparatus moves through become a perfectly surfaced road. This road looks glassy, but the surface is not slippery. Anything that went through the apparatus and was not destroyed appears embedded in the road d6 inches down (the road surface is 6 inches thick, has 12 hp per inch and hardness 8)
The Apparatus can also be used to make building blocks of any size up to 6ftx3ftx3ft out of the same glassy material. These blocks are deposited at the rear of the machine.

Remove ads