• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Applicant List

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsmodeusLore

First Post
Good morning.

I am interested in applying for the position of EN World representative. I believe that I have the qualifications that you are looking for and I am looking forward to keeping the EN World community informed about the latest news and upcoming changes related to Dungeons and Dragons.

I have worked with Mudbunny for the previous 3 years as a volunteer in the official Wizards of the Coast community forums. I began as a News Guide, making daily posts about any D&D related news, with a focus on the online articles coming out from the WotC website. I then moved up to Playtesting and guiding D&D Insider Subscribers on how to use the Virtual Table. During my time as a volunteer, I have made several contacts within WotC which I could use to facilitate interviews and build a stronger relationship between EN World and WotC.

I have attended Gen Con, and Dungeons and Dragons eXPerience for the past 2 years, and I intend to continue attending both conventions for the foreseeable future. I regularly volunteer my time as a Dungeon Master for RPGA D&D events during these conventions, which keeps me very active in the gaming community. Unfortunately, this hasn't left me a lot of time to attend seminars, but if I were to get the position, I would view it as the perfect opportunity to correct that.

Thank you for your consideration.

-Mark Knapik
(AsmodeusLore)

We need someone to concentrate on WotC news, info, and so on. I'm looking for someone who would represent EN World - write regular news updates about WotC, as well as conduct interviews with them, maintain a relationship with them, cover release schedules and the like, and so on. This would cover the whole D&D brand, not just the RPG.

It's quite a committment, and it's a paid job (not a very well paid job, admittedly, but it's paid nonetheless - basically a bit of change each month - enough to buy yourself an RPG book or two). Because it's paid, there are editorial expectations in terms of quality and quantity.

Ideally, I'd like to see some evidence of prior work (although that's not an absolute requirement); and the person in question should be a regular attendee of Gen Con and DDXP if possible, since they'd be covering seminars, panels, holding interviews, etc.

If you're interested, post here with as much info as you can (and links if possible). Make your post read like a competent writer in the English language, though, please - consider your post here your initial application. I hope to choose someone next week.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Cheers Morrus,

Fantastic opportunity, I hear you at my door! I have worked at GenCon in the past, for Konami, but never attended DDXP. I'm currently a student, so a paid position of any kind would be wonderful. The Dungeons and Dragons Brand is of great interest to me, from the tabletop to the television screen, I'd love to write about the entire experience!

I have an A.S. in General Studies, and am currently earning a B.S. in Media Arts and Science. This opportunity is exactly what I need to earn gaming industry experience.

Please consider me for the position,

CaBaNa

Last edited:

TheIdDM

First Post
Good afternoon,

I have been operating a roleplaying-game blog, primarly devoted to Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition, during the past six months. I have enjoyed getting to know the online gaming community through my site, Twitter and other social media outlets.

I am a licensed psychologist and that background has influenced my writing. I've written numerous professional journal articles and book chapters in the past, in addition to presenting research at various conventions.

My blog, The Id DM, features an interview series titled Ego Check. I have a full-time job but I am curious to learn more about the opportunity.

Thank you,

Michael

Kheine

First Post
Hello,

I am interested in the position as EN World's D&D correspondent. I would like to have more details regarding time commitments , etc., but you naturally, want to know more about me.

I am currently a work placement student in a tech field but it has not always been this way... In another life I acquired an advanced Bachelor's degree in English literature and worked for a time as a freelance journalist for the local arts community and newspapers. I have some professional samples that I can provide as well as a more thoughfully rendered CV.

I have been an avid gamer for many (many) years and remember a day when "Red Box" D&D was just called "basic" and AD&D was for "older kids".

Travel is not impossible, perhaps problematic, but of course everything is open for negotiation. If you would like to know more please let me know.

Regards,
- Frank (Kheine) Krivak

Clight101

First Post
I'm interested in applying for the position of corespondent for the D&D brand. I'm a regular attendee of GenCon, assist Baldman games from time to time at GenCon and DDXP, and try to keep up on the happenings with D&D and the gaming industry as a whole. It's my hobby as much and GMing is.

As far as writing qualifications go I'm a creative writing student about to finish my bachelors degree and I have a few publishing credits in the gaming industry. "Temple of the Necromancer" in Weredragon magazine #1 is an adventure for D&D 3.5. The PDF magazine only had one issue but a review can be found here:

RPG Resource

NEOFIGHTERS "The Fire Knight" by LeGames is a D20 fantasy class and can be found here:

NEO FIGHTERS: The Fire Knight - The Le Games | RPGNow.com

I've also written a LFR adventure called "Ripples in the Stream of Souls" which is much harder to find any reviews or information on but has been run at smaller conventions around the country.

Thank you for your time,
Chris Sniezak

Gaming Tonic

First Post
Thank you very much for this opportunity. I am Christopher and run the game site gamingtonic.com. My website is not devoted to any one system and I am proud of that. I have been playing D&D for 28 years and have enjoyed their books and board games over the years whether produced by TSR or now WOTC.

I am independently employed so I have the time that is necessary to focus on the job, and to see that it is done in a fashion which reflects both Enworld's high standards as well as my own. I do attend Gen Con as well as several other cons each year.

I have a background in advertising and know how to conduct myself in a professional manner as well as communicate with many clients electronically or by telephone in order to build rapport and relationships. I believe if you spend a few minutes at my website you will see that I have a lot of experience with role-playing games and WOTC and try to be non-biased in my approach.

Thank you very much for the time and consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Christopher Hackler
www.gamingtonic.com

Last edited:

Costontine

First Post
Hello,

My name is Kyle and I am interested in your position as a correspondent to WOTC. I am very familiar with their products and have been playing Dungeons and Dragons for about six years. I write a blog about my current game (Dragons in the Kitchen | Adventures in dming) and also work on a craft beer blog for my good friend (yeastmalthop). I have not been to GenCon or DDXP but I have been to other conventions closer to me and have experience with conventions and how to work them.

Thank you for you consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Okay here goes.

I'm Joel Fowler, I've been playing D&D since I was 7 years old back in the days of the old Red Basic Set. Roleplaying has been a major part of my life ever since then. I've recently started a blog here on ENWorld relating to my experiences with running Revenge of the Giants. I can't claim any more experience than that really. I have a readable chatty writing style which has seen me through a range of academic life and I like to think it's fun to read. I work well with others and under my own initiative, you have to put that in applications, right?

Wizards/DnD Correspondent

I am very interested in applying for official WotC correspondent position. I have been a gamer for over 20 years and have played Dungeons & Dragons in all of its editions. I also have a breadth of experience with a wide array of other gaming systems. Friends of mine openly joke that I should open my apartment as a gaming store.

I have been running the geek related blog Cinerati for over 6 years and have posted on topics throughout the "geek community," but I keep returning to gaming.

You can read a sample of my writing here where I analyze the new Conan film:

Christian Lindke's Cinerati: It was the Best of Conans, It was the Worst of Conans

Additionally, I have written about Wizards products in the past:

Christian Lindke's Cinerati: Downshadow by Erik Scott de Bie [Review] -- The Birth of a New Forgotten Realms Hero Franchise?

Christian Lindke's Cinerati: Quick Review -- "The Temple of Yellow Skulls" by Don Bassingthwaite

I was also one of the hosts of the BlogTalkRadio featured podcast Geekerati for over two years.

I have attended GenCon for the past few years, and look to continue doing so in the future.

I think that I am particularly suited to being your official correspondent. While I have played D&D long enough to be an OSR advocate, I run Encounters and Lair Assault at the local store.

Thank you for your consideration,

Christian Lindke

My name is David Caffee and I would like to be considered for the position. I have a BA in creative writing and I have been a published RPG writer for the past six years. I have also written several articles on rpg.net over the years.

Below you will find a link with some examples of my published work.

RPGNow.com - Advanced Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads