• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Appropriate classes for a pirate game

Andor

First Post
I realize this is a thread-jack and I apologize, but I figure you guys will understand the temptation.

Ya see... I work at a zoo. And Pirates 3 is coming out this week. And we have lots of Green Winged Macaws (Same bird as Mr. Cotton.) So the temptaion to swipe (I mean borrow) one for the Pirates premiere is bad enough, but... Ya see one of them got attacked by a raccon a few years ago, and though he survived he did lose a foot.

So how am I supposed to resist the temptaion to go the the Pirates 3 premiere with a peg-legged parrot!?

Thomas Percy

First Post
Al-Qadim classes as corsair, mamluk, askar, faris, sha'ir, saluk, barber, beggar thief, holy slayer, merchant rogue, rawun nicely feeting into pirate campaign.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Fighter is a perfectly good option, particularly with some nifty exotic weapon feats. I would also highlight Scout and Thief-Acrobat.

I built a Legolas-clone using that combination, and while he specialized in archery it would only take a little tweaking to make him into a wicked dual-wielding fencer in a big, feathered hat.

-The Gneech :cool:

Destil

Explorer
If you're in Lazzhar then both Psychic Warrior and Soulknife would work (and potentially psion, though that's a much bigger can of worms). Their good at being light armored fighters without suck AC.

If allowing the fighter I'd say just drop the Heavy Armor, bring the skill points up to 4/level, add use rope, balance and profession(sailor) and call it a day.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads