• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[April] What are you reading?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Been combing through various historical resources on The Old West for a Legends of the Old West WH campaign that is starting up soon.

Janx

Hero
I had started reading His Dark Materials by Richard Pullman when the Magic Compass movie came out. I'd also listened to the audiobook in the commute of the first book.

My wife had bought me the big His Dark Materials. I made it to page 24 before my chest said, "this book is heavy" and put it down for many years.

Since my wife got me a Ebook for x-mas, I finally decided to tackle it.

I have 150 pages left to go.

An annoying discovery: The original softcover book cost $21.99. The eBook from the Sony store also cost $21.99.

Something has gone wrong with eBook pricing, an eBook should not cost as much as a paper book.

Agamon

Adventurer
Reading The Daily Show with John Stewert presents: Earth, funny stuff, as expected. Also reading some X-23 comics to get a little more caught up on the Marvel universe. Also reading the HackMaster PH pdf now that it is in the final print stage. And I'm looking over Dungeon Crawl Classics beta again now that pre-orderers are gushing about the final product.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Just read Enterprise of Death by Jesse Bullington

now I want to play a 'good' necrophiliac, cannibalistic necromancer:)

Elf Witch

First Post
I have not been reading much lately. I have been having issues with my eyes and reading tends to give me migraines:(

I have been slowly making my way through Jim Butcher's last Codex Alera novel First Lord's Fury.

I have also been reading a Teashop mystery by Laura Childs.

Krug

Newshound
Currently reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgensten. Halfway through now. The writing's pretty flowery but the characters are lacklustre, and the writer seems more interested in describing a clock than putting more life into the characters.

Villano

First Post
I'm currently reading three books:

American Scary: Conversations with the Kings, Queens and Jesters of Late-Night Horror TV, by Michael Monahan. Monahan was involved with a few other people in making a (rather excellent) documentary about the history of horror hosts in America called "American Scary". This book contains the full transcripts of the interviews as well as conversations with newer hosts that weren't covered in the film.

Since it's a collection of interviews, I'm taking my time and reading a section here and there.

I defintely recommend it to anyone who watched these shows as a kid.

The Six Million Dollar Man: The Secret of Bigfoot Pass, by Mike Jahn. I picked this up in a used book store. Yes, it is the novelization of the Bionic Bigfoot episode of the TV show. I don't apologize, I loved the show (especially Bigfoot) as a kid. :)

I'm also reading The Sportsman: Unexpected Lessons from an Around the World Sports Odssey, by Dhani Jones. You may remember Jones as the host of the Travel Channel series, Dhani Tackles the Globe, in which Dhani traveled around the world, learning the local sports.

The book is divided into 2 halves. The first is his life and football career. The second is about filming the series.

It's a terrific book. Dhani has a distinct writng style. If you watched the show, you may remember Jone's voice overs. That's just the way he writes.

Jones is an interesting guy. He's the sort of Kim Possible Type A personality: an A student involved in every single sport and extracurricular activity. Before he was detoured by pro football, he wanted to be a pediatric neurologist (or something like that).

He also has some sort of obsessive disorder. He can be overwhelmed by too many choices. He wears a "uniform" (black shirt and blue or grey jeans) and eats the same things when he goes to restaurants (he doesn't even want to see the menu). He talked about when he bought his first house and tried decorating it. He got so obsessed with minutia like cupboard handles and door hinges that he once spent 7 hours in a lighting store because of some small detail.

Anyway, I downloaded it from Amazon last week for $5.28. As I'm writing this, I checked again and it's now available for $3.09, so it's definitley worth a look.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads