• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcana Unearthed - Truenames

Olive

Explorer
this is the first thing i've heard about AU that has interested me. Son't like the sound of the classes or the races much, but i do like this. And like Monte, it's mostly because of LeGuin!

Technik4

First Post
LeGuin is my favorite fantasy author, true names were part of what made Earthsea so interesting, and deadly. I'm looking forward to AU more because of it.

Technik

s/LaSH

First Post
If there were vanilla-flavoured potato chips, I wouldn't eat them.

That is to say, I think it's tres cool - a concept of great potential. Now why don't I have something like that in my homebrew?

(Scurries furiously away into beetle-hole of bizarre concepts and monolithic weirdness that is homebrew system. Vows to return.)

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I like vanilla flaovered things but on chips, ick.

Now San Antonio Habernaro chips are a delight to the senses, one of the first snack foods I've had where I can actually taste the spice.

And to jsut keep the thread on tpic. i read the design diay and I liekd it like I like everything else for AU. The more I hear of 3.5 the less I like the more I hear about AU the more I like. I know which game I'll be using in august, do you?

UnDfind

First Post
It's a groovy twist to an old idea. I like it :) It's not used enough in RPGs IMHO.

I already use the true name concept with outsiders in my campaign, but applying them to people is interesting and full of flavah.

I just can't wait for that one player who goes around finding as many Truenames as he possibly can, then organizes leaflet drops over major cities with pamphlets of NPCs he doesn't like.

------------------>ATTENTION EVILDOERS<-----------------------------

1. Gregory Hesmel, farmer, Rivertown. Truename: Blaergenfold

2. Nancy Depper, barmaid, Garland's Leap. Truename: Gilan

------------------>ATTENTION EVILDOERS<------------------------------

That could make some baddies pretty happy :)

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:
And to jsut keep the thread on tpic. i read the design diay and I liekd it like I like everything else for AU. The more I hear of 3.5 the less I like the more I hear about AU the more I like. I know which game I'll be using in august, do you?
Probably both 3.5e & AU altho I will be tempted to run an AU exclusive game. Depends on the players and the group that I am in at the time, I guess. :)

Remove ads