• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane and Psionic classes in SRD?

jcfiala

Explorer
Hi all.

I'm a recent convert to the d20 Modern system. I wasn't really into it at first, but having looked over the SRD, I've become to really like the idea of it all.

But while reading in the SRD, I saw that it referred to classes that I assume are in the D20 Modern book, but haven't been included in the SRD, for arcane casters and psionic people.

Have they said why these aren't in the SRD, even though arcane spells and psionic techniques are? I'm coming in a bit late, I know, but the 'search' button on the forums keeps telling me I'm not allowed to use it.

Thanks!
-john

Ranger REG

Explorer
Andy Smith, in charge of SRD, promised they will be included at a later date, hopefully in addition to material from the Urban Arcana book.

In the meantime, I suggest you check out Modern Player's Companion by Stan! and The Game Mechanics (published by Green Ronin), as they have arcane, divine, and psionic user advanced classes that are OGC.

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
The reason why they weren't included in the first place was probably:
1. Material from the example settings weren't included.
2. The psi-classes were in the "Agents of PSI" example setting and the spellcasters were in the "Urban Arcana" example, despite not really being all that setting-specific (unlike the Shadow Slayer).

jcfiala

Explorer
Staffan said:
The reason why they weren't included in the first place was probably:
1. Material from the example settings weren't included.
2. The psi-classes were in the "Agents of PSI" example setting and the spellcasters were in the "Urban Arcana" example, despite not really being all that setting-specific (unlike the Shadow Slayer).

*nod*

I need to think of this as more of an asset than a problem - it means that whatever Advanced classes I create will fit my gameworld better. :)

But thanks for the info.

-john

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
jcfiala said:
*nod*

I need to think of this as more of an asset than a problem - it means that whatever Advanced classes I create will fit my gameworld better. :)

And I have to tell you that IMO you won't have to work hard to create better Advanced classes for these two areas!

And if you fancy sharing your efforts here... :)

Cheers

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads