• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Classes with Bonus Feat dips?

Jeffrie

First Post
I'm just considering needing a few metamagic/arcane feats for an epic level character, and wondered if there were any easy dips i like.

For the dip to be useful to me it would need to net me an extra feat in only a few levels, or pay +1 caster level. The feat/s needs to be open for me to pick.

Empirate

First Post
Loremaster comes to mind, one of the secrets is a bonus feat - available at 1st level if your Int is good enough.
Incantatrix and Mage of the Arcane Order 'refund' your bad entry feats (Iron Will and Collaborative Spell, respectively) with bonus feats, and offer extremely helpful class features. These are all full casting PrCs.

Empirate

First Post
You can dip it for three levels if Metamagic Effect is all you're after, four if you want another bonus feat. But of course, taking all 10 levels provides even more massive benefits (among these are, to adress the OP's question, 4 bonus metamagic feats in total).

Jeffrie

First Post
Shadowcaster from Tome of Magic (IIRC) gives as much as 4 or 5 metamagic feats @ every even level. It's a base class, so needs no req's.

Seems fairly useless to most builds besides that, but if you NEED two feats you could get 'em there.

Empirate

First Post
I wasn't serious. Shadowcaster levels are such a subpar option that I thought I'd come up with something that's even worse.
If I read your OP correctly, you'll want full spellcasting progression or as much of it as possible, right? So you should definitely stay away from Shadowcaster levels, as well as anything else that might slow your spellcasting progression.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads