• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane impressions

bert1000

First Post
I just got my copy of Arcane Power today, so I’d thought I’d throw in my 2 cents from a quick read:

Stuff I love:
*Tomes and the during encounter switching out of spells (I thought this should have been a part of all Wizards from the beginning)
* New warlock pact
* Sorcerer spell sources
*Illusions!
* Combat virtuoso – can’t wait to see cool multi dipping for the Bard. I think there are a bunch of low damage/big effect powers that the Bard will want to dip for now
* Lots of good feats – enlarge spell, dual implement, improved implement feats, etc.
* Familiars done well
*Racial feats that help give an incentive to play classes that don’t fit perfectly with your ability scores
*Lots more…

Stuff I’m, not so keen on:
*Sorcerer given an at will burst at range 10. I’m not keen on all the other ranged bursts they seem to get as well, but at least let the Controllers keep their at will ranged burst
*Love tomes, but the fact that many tomes give an equal/better version of the wizard implement mastery feature and are available to any arcane class at the cost of a feat (Implement proficiency) doesn't seem right
* The need for implement expertise… (of course since the trend has started, it has to be in here)

Overall, lots of good stuff to chew on. These are first impressions, and I reserve the right to change my mind…

Asmor

First Post
Please see the attached screenshot from my RSS reader as an illustration of why you shouldn't change the font color without also changing the background. The blue portion is text I highlighted to illustrate the effect.

Also, given that white is the default color on this forum, why the heck would you explicitly set your font color to white in the first place?!?

Attachments

• dontchangefontcolor.jpg
    dontchangefontcolor.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 99

bert1000

First Post
Hmm. Didn't know it showed up like that. My browser was crashing, so wrote it in Word and cut and pasted into the forum then changed the font to white...

How do I fix? Many thanks...

Asmor

First Post
You should be able to just copy the text, edit, and paste it.

When you hit edit, you'll see all the font tags that somehow got inserted.

Peculiar that such a thing happened. I could understand it if ENWorld had a rich textbox control, but AFAIK it doesn't... Maybe there's some javascript that automatically parses things and got caught up on some stuff from Word.

I'm too lazy to check. >_>

Remove ads