• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Might Part 1: The Search for Home (Still running)

Zhure

First Post
Lugash

Lugash will aim a Stomp at however many bandits he can get in the cone. (Defensively if necessary, taking a 5'step if necessary.)
Spent 13 out of 26 PP, save DC 16

shaff

First Post
Armel will draw his sword and attack the bandit which is trying to hit him.

If Armel kills that bandit Tyrog will charge to attack the other bandit that tried to attack him last round. But if the bandit on Armel is not dead when it comes to Tyrog's action, he will attempt to kill it.

Jaik

First Post
[Probably my fault for not posting an action.]

Weslin takes advantage of the bandit's split attention and drives his shortsword home througha chink in the bandit's armor.

Xael

First Post
The bandit that attacked Armel and was hit by Tyrog now turns toward tyrog and thrusths blindly with his sword, and miraculously stings through his armor (6 damage). The one who rode past Tyrog now rides back to help his comrade, and thrusts his sword at Tyrog (10 damage). The bandit that killed the other astral construct rides toward the wagon with his partner. The bandit that was stunned by Serei's spell now charges the air elemental and it too vanishes in a puff of smoke as he strikes it.

Lugash Stomps the two bandits (their horses actually) that destroyed his astral constructs, and other of the horses falls down, throwing the bandit off its back. The bandit manages not to get crushed by the horse though. The bandit that was trying to catch breath near Lugash when he was thrown off saddle, now lies on the ground, not moving.

Serei whacks the bandit next to him, but this doesn't fall.

Armel draws his sword and swings it toward the bandit, but this parries his attack.

The bandit serei hit now triest to pay back, but serei blocks the attack. Myrkskog throws a dagger at the same bandit and hits this, but he still doesn't fall. Weslin jumps up and thrusts his shortsword at he (again) same bandit's back. This time the bandit falls down.

The escaping bandit is now far away. Kavernus finishes casting Sleep and the other bandit who was fighting the now-dead astral constructs falls down from the saddle. The bandit that was fighting the elemental rides towards Kavernus and slashes at him with his sword (5 damage).

Tyrog cleaves the bandit's head off (the one between him and Armel) and turns to face the riding one next to him.

OOC:

3 Bandits ( 1 on the ground getting up, was fighting astral constructs; 1 near Armel & wagon; 1 near were the air elemental was, somewhat close to Serei and Weslin)
Lugash
Serei
Armel
1 Bandits (on the ground sleeping, was fighting astral constructs)
Myrkskog
Weslin
Bandit (riding away, already far)
Kavernus
Bandit (fighting with Kavernus)
Tyrog

Okay, first: Jaik, it wasn't your fault. It's my fault. I'm a lazy bastard.

I seriously have some kind of a problem with updating this (and much else for that matter, including Uriel's game) and I'm sorry. I just seem to move the posting on and on. I'll do it after this, after that, and so on. I have no other excuses. My lack of posting is completely unrationalized, and it already has caused some players to leave my games because they think that they're dead. And I seriously can't blame them. I'm already decided to stop the other game I was (kind of...) DM'ing on the boards, but I haven't dared to announce that in the thread yet.

The ridiculous thing is, that I happen to like this game. We've got a great bunch of character and players here. I'll try to keep this game running. I just seriously seem to suck as a DM more than I thought.

Sorry.

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Lugash the Fair

Lugash steps back from the nearest bandit and manifests another astral construct.

Used 14 out of 26 PP

OOC: I understand completely. I have an online game I've been running for a long time, and there are days I just don't want to post, or run a combat...

I think combat is the worst possible thing in a PBP game. It lacks all sorts of excitement and the DM has to control absolutely everything. So you get the boring parts and the boring parts all rolled into one, then have to take the information and try to make it lively and fun. Even when the players do a good job of describing their in-combat actions, everything just drags and drags.

When my Academy campaign starts up again after I take a hiatus, there will be a lot less combat, and XP will be awarded based on completely arbitrary goal completions, not on combat. I don't think the medium supports it.

What I've found to be helpful for me in maintaining an online game is to post regularly even if you have nothing to say. It keeps it fresh in the players' minds and they tend to be more responsive.

Just my 2 coppers' worth.
Greg

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Kavernus looks at his assailant and laughs. Are you serious? I'm a demon. I'll eat you for breakfast long before you can kill me.

Bluff check please!

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Zhure said:
OOC: I understand completely. I have an online game I've been running for a long time, and there are days I just don't want to post, or run a combat...

I think combat is the worst possible thing in a PBP game. It lacks all sorts of excitement and the DM has to control absolutely everything. So you get the boring parts and the boring parts all rolled into one, then have to take the information and try to make it lively and fun. Even when the players do a good job of describing their in-combat actions, everything just drags and drags.

Greg[/color]

OoC:While I understand this, I enjoy running Combat (And I am currently running 7 ENWorld PbPs), as well they players are all enjoying themselves (One game would move faster is Xael posted, ahem...:D We miss Denzenai! ).

As a player who plays in a lot of slow moving games, however, I understand the dragging aspec becoming tedious, though.

As a DM, I tend to either post all results at once, or as they com in (in order of init, of course), whichever makes a particular game move.

-Ron/Uriel

Last edited:

Remove ads