Arcane Might Part 1: The Search for Home (Still running)

Zhure

First Post
Lugash the Fair

"Alright, if I'm not going alone, I'll help scout." Lugash concentrates briefly and makes himself invisible. "There, that ought to help some."

Once the other(s) are ready, he'll 'lead' the way toward the location of the forest noises heard earlier.

Xael

First Post
"That's a fancy way of saying 'daft' isn't it?"
Derrick shrugs. "Might be."When Myrkskog speaks, he speaks again. "It's not that you need to kill them all, besides I'd rather have a chat with the dwarf. He should know that we don't appreciate building any kind of military structures - and the wall certainly looks like one - without really good reason and our druid's permission."

When Lugash cast his spell, Derrick nods. "I thought you could do something like that. Wizards always seem to have some handy magic around other than fireballs. I'll go with you too. Or at least to same direction. I think."

Lugash, Gourry, Kavernus, and the rangers make their way towards the rather clear sounds of chopping. They quickly find the orcs, working on their rather crude but effective wall-structure. The dwarf is silently walking around watching over as the dozen orcs and one ogre take turns in resting and working. Everything is done military-like effectively, and there's no loud chattering or fighting. In fact, the whole build-site is curiously silent, not including random commands from the dwarf. There are some rough bedrolls and miscellaneous stuff packed near the ready wall structure on the back.

OOC: "Freedom" is overly respected.

Is Myrkskog going to "scout" too (which would mean that everybody are going)?

Sucky ASCII map-like thing.

CCCC . . p p . . . . . FFF
CCC. . . p p . . . . . .oFF
CCCTTo p p . .o. . .o.oFF
CCTTT. p po.o. . . . .oFFF
CCWWWp pWO . FFFFFF
CCtto. opDp . . .FFFFF
CCt . . .p p . . . FFFFFF
C . . . .p p . . . FFFFFF

C = Cliff/Rock formations. Climbable, not too high yet.
T = Tower structure. 2 orcs at top in the height of about 15 feet.
W = Wall struckture.
F = Forest.
p = path
t = small, short tree trunk sections
D = Dwarf
O = Ogre
o = Orc

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
And so, our 7-person scout group is hiding in the forest and wathcing orcs.

OOC: Oh yeah, and the orcs are not wearing any kind of armor, but some are carrying miscellaneous weapons and the rest have them nearby. The dwarf has no armor either, but he's carrying a handaxe.

Zhure

First Post
Lugash

As quietly as he can, Lugash invisibly whispers. "They don't look like a military group to me... unless they have armor and more respectable weapons stored away."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Kavernus and his "faithful" retainer will come up the path heading directly towards the dwarf. What kind of Dwarf is he? Mountain, Hill or Deep?Kavernus will display no weapons and will walk at a leasurely pace. Hail the camp! He calls out.

Xael

First Post
Kavernus and his now rather more nervous than usual companion Gourry walk to greet the dwarf. Gourry seems like he wants to shake you to your senses, and clearly doesn't like the idea of going to greet the orcs and the dwarf. He stays with you though.

There's a whole lot of heads, including the dwarf's, turning to look at you when you hail the camp. Surprisingly, the orcs just stare you for few seconds and then return to whatever they were doing when the dwarf grunts an order. The ogre keeps looking at your direction while continuing his work. The dwarf on the other hand, turns to adress you.

"Greetings then. And now you can turn back and get lost, this road is private property from here on. And visitors aren't welcome.", he says, keeping his voice only moderately polite to make his point clear.

OOC: The dwarf is a Shield Dwarf (=Normal PHB dwarf in FR).

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Xael said:
"Greetings then. And now you can turn back and get lost, this road is private property from here on. And visitors aren't welcome."

"Who does this property belong to? Whomever it is I need to discuss this construction with them. Off with you now Dwarf. Fetch your master!" Kavernus says in his most intimidating voice. He does not move from the spot where he is.

Remove ads