• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Shroud

Stogoe

First Post
I had an idea for a new feat:

Arcane Shroud [Heroic]: You weave the threads of magic around you to conceal your position.
Prereqs: Trained in Arcana
Benefit: Whenever you would normally roll Stealth, you can instead roll Arcana. Rolling Arcana in this manner uses all the normal rules for Stealth.

My questions are:

• Can this be broken, and how?
  • Is it too powerful?
  • Too weak?
  • Does it make sense thematically?

Mainly, it's like taking Skill Training: Stealth, but you use your Int mod instead of your Dex mod. Is that too good for heroic?

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I think it steps on toes a bit. It doesn't seem too powerful, but you're giving any class with Arcana (wizard, etc...) an ability to hide as well as (if not better than) a rogue. That could prove to be problematic in some situations. Maybe it would fit better as a paragon feat.

Verdande

First Post
You should consider letting the user have a penalty in order to use Arcana instead of stealth. Otherwise, I'd certainly say that toes are being stepped on, and that's generally uncool.

Also, if you're making this for your character who is a rogue/wizard, then you can reflavor your regular stealth roll to reflect exactly that. You don't hide from your foes, you wrap yourself in arcane shadow, or whatever.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads