• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcanis: The Spear of the Lohgin

Zerth

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
He regards Solonir for a moment. "You make far too many assumptions. Simply because one of the deceased says that they are cursed, does not necessarily mean that they are... they may simply not understand what is happening. The ignorant would call the plague a curse, for whatever reason... let's not be so hasty in our judgements."

Solonir looks back at Visha. "You misunderstood me, dark one. True, I may be assuming, but assumptions are the first step towards real knowledge. I would be surprised, though, if the curse and the plague wouldn't be connected. I truely would, but we shall see - we have yet but begun unveiling this mystery."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"As far as who may be correct about the curse there is no need to argue. Each of you should work on your theories and if they meet in the middle fine if not fine again. We need to work on finding the cause whatever it may be." Gideon says. He bends down and says a prayer to the Lohgin family.
"Many of the old families have secrets they keep prehaps this family protected the knowledge of some form of Gate. Where ever it goes or comes from we cannot say right now but if it is the key here we will need to find it as quickly as we can."

Blockader7

First Post
"A tree starts from an acorn. The acorn spouts and takes root. Through the years the tree grows. Each year the treed drops its leaves when the seasons change. But on the ground one can see the leaves that have been dropped."

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Ok- you guys have pretty much searched the house by now (you won't find anything major in the bedroom unless you're looking for jewelry to steal). It's close to dark, you've been here much of the day. What's the next move?

Blockader7

First Post
Is there some clue that we're missing?

The only thing I can suggest is that we search the town to see if there's anything else out of the ordinary. I don';t neccessarily mean go door to door, but just patrol it at night and use some sort of signal to alert the others if we come across something.

Or now that I think of it, another thing that could be done is to search out any survivng family memebers and protect them to the best of our ability, until something happens.

Or we could also research the town's history to see if it has anything unusual about it, such as being the spot of an ancient wizard's tower, ruined Druid's grove, dragon lair, that sort of thing.

Added: perhaps we should inquire at the church about cthe family's curse and gates.

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
"It's getting late", Solonir says looking out of a window, "and we are done here. I say, we look for a place to rest for the night and think about how to continue in the morning."

OOC: Right, we should find out about the history of the Lohgin family and the Canceri war. We know a man named Torran is a war veteran, that's a good place to start. Brecht and brother Albert might be able to tell us more names. I'm sure we can get more information on ghosts and undead at the chapel. We could check Brecht's trade files, even if there isn't probably much there. And I think Visha hasn't examined the rat corpse yet.

Blockader7

First Post
Zerth said:
"It's getting late", Solonir says looking out of a window, "and we are done here. I say, we look for a place to rest for the night and think about how to continue in the morning."

OOC: Right, we should find out about the history of the Lohgin family and the Canceri war. We know a man named Torran is a war veteran, that's a good place to start. Brecht and brother Albert might be able to tell us more names. I'm sure we can get more information on ghosts and undead at the chapel. We could check Brecht's trade files, even if there isn't probably much there. And I think Visha hasn't examined the rat corpse yet.

As the bear emerges from hibernation, there is but one thing on his mind and that is salmon.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Solonir
"It's getting late, and we are done here. I say, we look for a place to rest for the night and think about how to continue in the morning."

"Sleep is for the weak." Visha says flatly. "You three may require rest, but I do not. I shall send Apropos out for a look around the area, to see if there is anything unusual that can be spotted from above, while I take a look at the rat. If anything urgent happens, you will be woken."

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
There are no gate motifs in the pictures.

Your group exits the manor and heads down the steet to the Ashvan Hostel, the town's only inn. There is plenty of room for either individual rooms or doubling up (your choice). Dinner is excellent and reasonably priced. As the evening runs on, townspeople will filter in and out of the common room, socializing and drinking. There do not appear to be any other travellers in the hostel.

If anyone has anything else they wish to do during the evening, let me know, otherwise I'll be assuming everyone eventually goes to sleep. If there's anything special about sleeping arrangements (watches, whatever), let me know.

The rat is barely alive. Visha's examination doesn't reveal anything new about the plague. Aside from it's disease the rat seems to be normal, like any other rat found in the countryside.

Apropos begins scouting the outside area- when does Visha want him to return?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads