• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archer vs TWF, again. Forked Thread: Proud Nails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabast

First Post
Forked from: Proud Nails?

Plane Sailing said:
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I realised nobody talked about this particular issue, and I wonder whether now (nearly 6 months later) whether people have views on this issue.

Cheers

Forking it here. I hate undead threads.

Alabast

First Post
You prefer unnecessary reincarnation? My response is in the thread that contains the entire conversation.
I didn't realize you had the final word on the matter. I thought other people might like to chime in their opinions.

I'll start:

The two ranger fighting styles are perfectly balanced with each other in every way.

James McMurray

First Post
I don't have the final word on the matter, I was merely offering my opinion and pointing the curious to where my response to your xerox effort could be found. Feel free to continue two disjointed threads about the same topic if you prefer. With any luck a mod will come along and merge them anyway.

Dracorat

First Post
If anything, I think the pain point is that the thread was forked in addition to it being risen from the dead. One or the other would have sufficed.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I like to think both are balanced, but my opinion laced with bias says the archer is better because of how they are able to allocate their stats.

Elf arches are really fun. They allow for maximum dex and really nice wisdom. One really doesn't need much else for archery.

My view is that twf suffers from mad, needing more cash for two weapons, and having lower ac.

DracoSuave

First Post
It depends. If you take less than approx 5/tier damage from opportunity attacks per encounter, TWF is better for archer-types. If you take more, then Archery is better.

It's really as simple as that. And yes, that means 'Your mileage may vary.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads