• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Archfey Bladelock, is it Viable?

Ben Brown

First Post
So I'm just getting into D&D 5e by making a character to play with in their battle Royale sometime in the near future. My general strategy was to make a Bladelock, because I like the strategy, but wanted to choose the archfey as my patron because of things like blink, and misty escape. The Whole strategy was to be like "hey Look over There!" by using thaumaturgy or something and then run in and smash them in the face with my pact weapon. I attached my makeshift character sheet (its a little long because I defined all my spells there), and I just want to hear the community's thoughts on this. Thanks!!

Attachments

• D&D Character - Ben.pdf
    115.1 KB · Views: 324

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
Sure it can work. You aren't going to be super-effective in melee, but you have a good AC and lots of other things going on.

Given your gauntlets, you'd be better off swapping Str and Dex, if you can.

Last edited:

Steffen Haeuser

First Post
Sure it can work. You aren't going to be super-effective in melee, but you have a good AC and lots of other things going on.

Given your gauntlets, you'd be better off swapping Str and Dex, if you can.

Hmmm, not sure of course how it is on OP's table, but on our table, even if a magic item is allowed on character generation (which is kind of unusual) using "push to 19" items
as the gauntlets to make an important stat low and then boosting it with the item is at the very least frowned upon. After all this is basically only a point bonus then (which other characters might not get).

jaelis

Hmmm, not sure of course how it is on OP's table, but on our table, even if a magic item is allowed on character generation (which is kind of unusual) using "push to 19" items
as the gauntlets to make an important stat low and then boosting it with the item is at the very least frowned upon. After all this is basically only a point bonus then (which other characters might not get).
Eh, just say he used a rapier until he found the gauntlets. Dude's playing a Str-based warlock, he deserves a little slack :)

Ben Brown

First Post
Thanks for responding, so how do you think I should play the character then? maybe consider a different pact? I am VERY New, so just bear with me.

jaelis

Honestly if you are very new then you should probably be starting at 1st level. But I guess that train has left the station, so my advice would be to just set up the character in a way that seems interesting and then have fun. Nothing in the build you posted will keep you from doing that :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads