Archive for outdated weapons, armor, etc

dimsdale

First Post
Got an old weapon, piece of armor or anything else that has meaning to you and you don't want to sell it. Here a chance to document it and put it in a special place.

Example: Kruk is a fighter who scored a plus 50 attack as a 1st level fighter on an orc body guard in "The Long Arm of Hoofchew." He doesn't want to sell the great axe, but is no longer using it because he's now going the guardian route.

Can we make a place where we can place old equipment that we don't want to sell for historical reasons so that they can archive it. Characters can go to this location in order to archive a special piece of equipment, telling a story about it.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
That's really cool, I vote yes on the idea of a museum even if I can't vote...

hmmm museums don't have voters, they have doners, Ok, I'm the first doner I donate 10g to the museum fund.

renau1g

First Post
Why don't we give the mechnical benefit of selling the weapon, but allow the PC to put a cherished item on retainer at the museum, who will pay a fee to the wielder of the item for allowing it to be displayed. Admission will be charged to the public and they can see the implements of some of their heroes (or anti-heroes)...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Could be added as 'trophies' as part of the Hanged Man. Afterall, the 5's Trophies are already there...

dimsdale

First Post
Could be added as 'trophies' as part of the Hanged Man. Afterall, the 5's Trophies are already there...

Sounds good to me. How would new adventurers feel as they open the door into the Hanged Man and are stunned by the amount of trophies (boss mob heads, artifacts, etc...) from past adventures and equipement (weapons, armor, etc...), each with a story to tell, mounted on the walls of the establishment. After they catch their breath, they'd know right away that they're in the right place.

dimsdale

First Post

Sounds good to me. How would new adventurers feel as they open the door into the Hanged Man and are stunned by the amount of trophies (boss mob heads, artifacts, etc...) from past adventures and equipement (weapons, armor, etc...), each with a story to tell, mounted on the walls of the establishment? After they catch their breath, they'd know right away that they're in the right place.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I like this idea. I'm not sure if the Hanged Man is the right place, though, I think it'd be cool to have a separate museum, to expand on the number of important/interesting places in Daunton a bit.

Remove ads