• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archmage

Outergod

First Post
Hey Kids,

I don't have access to my books right now so I'm wondering if someone can tell me if Spell Focus and Pell Penetration bonuses stack with the +1, +2 and +3 Spell Power bonuses from the Archmage PrC.

Oh please help me...dear lord...

Outergod

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Yes. And these Archmage arcana also stack with the other levels of themselves as well, BTW (e.g., Spell Power +1 stacks with Spell Power +2), as well as with the same abilities from different classes (e.g., a Red Wizard's Spell Power ability).

Last edited:

Outergod

First Post
Darkness said:
Yes. And these Archmage arcana also stack with the other levels of themselves as well, BTW (e.g., Spell Power +1 stacks with Spell Power +2), as well as with the same abilities from different classes (e.g., a Red Wizard's Spell Power ability).

I recall the part in the FRCS about the Spell Power arana stacking with other Spell Power bonuses from (for example) other PrCs, Classes, etc but are Spell Focus and Spell Penetration bonuses considered Spell Power bonuses?...or am I totally overthinking this?

Outergod

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
When the PHB was released, there was no such thing as "Spell Power" - also, even Spell Power isn't a "Spell Power bonus." So it all stacks (which leads some people to decry the FR as "munchkinism" or something but that's beside the point ;)). :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads