D&D General Archomentals causing a schism in the cult of the elder elemental eye.

Have you seen in many new videogames the monsters aren't really biological creatures, but more like "shadows", "animated stones" or robots? I have thought Hasbro would be interested in a D&D faction whose minions are mainly elementals or linked with these. Here the main candidate would be a revival or reimagination of the cult of the elemental eye, but I guess a retcon of Tharizdun's wicked cult is not really necessary.

My suggestion is the evil arcomentals tried a new ritual to summon an incarnation of the elemental elder eye, and this almost luckily failed, or at least in part. They didn't freed the original Tharizdum, but they created more an incarnation or avatar of the elemental elder eye (something like a "clone" copying a variant from an alternate timeline, and retouched by the imagination of the summoners). This is a very powerful and dangerous being, but at least its goal is the conquest of the elemental limbo, not the total destruction of the multiverse.

The bad new is this "chosen" can create a new type of elemental parasite/simbiont, and with this a new type of zombie-like minions whose main trait is the elemental marks on the skin, for example mineral shards. Not all infected are mindless, but someones keep the intelect, but they are loyal worshippers of the elder eye.

And they are "new" elementals, ones of them as "darkwood", like a polluted/red weed version of elemental plant, and other as "taint",

1662885149544.jpeg

c89e7df00fc47b64993e9c86309bcf82.jpg

metal-gear-survive-soluce-histoire-chapitre-20-003_copier.jpg

rainbow-six-extraction-enemies.jpg

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Have you seen in many new videogames the monsters aren't really biological creatures, but more like "shadows", "animated stones" or robots? I have thought Hasbro would be interested in a D&D faction whose minions are mainly elementals or linked with these. Here the main candidate would be a revival or reimagination of the cult of the elemental eye, but I guess a retcon of Tharizdun's wicked cult is not really necessary.

My suggestion is the evil arcomentals tried a new ritual to summon an incarnation of the elemental elder eye, and this almost luckily failed, or at least in part. They didn't freed the original Tharizdum, but they created more an incarnation or avatar of the elemental elder eye (something like a "clone" copying a variant from an alternate timeline, and retouched by the imagination of the summoners). This is a very powerful and dangerous being, but at least its goal is the conquest of the elemental limbo, not the total destruction of the multiverse.

The bad new is this "chosen" can create a new type of elemental parasite/simbiont, and with this a new type of zombie-like minions whose main trait is the elemental marks on the skin, for example mineral shards. Not all infected are mindless, but someones keep the intelect, but they are loyal worshippers of the elder eye.

And they are "new" elementals, ones of them as "darkwood", like a polluted/red weed version of elemental plant, and other as "taint",

View attachment 261091

c89e7df00fc47b64993e9c86309bcf82.jpg

metal-gear-survive-soluce-histoire-chapitre-20-003_copier.jpg

rainbow-six-extraction-enemies.jpg
honestly, it could work a bunch of pure conquest and subversion bad guys sounds fun.

Let's imagine the elemental limbo, with a group of demiplanes conquer each other, because these are ruled by dragons, giants with their Lovecraftian cults about primal powers from the Far-Realm, and the archomentals, who know secret planar-gates toward the world of Athas(Dark Sun), and you can imagine the relation between the archomentals and the Athasian sorcerer-kings is really bad.

In some places the defiler magic from Athas would work different in some elemental-touched "flora". This is not automatically killed, but they become toxic/poisoned for more of living beings, and even a lot of elemental creatures. Then a forest or jungle tainted by the defiler spellcasters wouldn't become ashes but something like the "red weed" from H.G.Wells' "War of the Worlds".

And the genies would be the leader of noble houses ruling about elemental domains, facing against giants and dragons as rivals. A legend tells some dragons and titans when these catched a genie, as the ultimate humillation they were cursed to be linked to magic items (for example lamps, or rings) to grant wishes to ordinary mortals. For the proud genies is like a princess being punished to clean toilets.

Remove ads