Ardent Avenger Multiclass Build Thoughts

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
My Avenger is level nine, and has been growing steadily toward the Warlock Student of Caiphon Paragon Path. The March errata wrecked that, so now I am left wondering what to do next.

The new Ardent Paladin in Divine Power looks like it could be fun as a multiclass option. Has anyone tried out this combo yet?

My PC could use Ardent Vow 6 times per day, doing +11 damage. Divine Sanction (which marks the target) would help counteract that pesky "Your Oath of Enmity Target teleports to the other side of the battlefield" problem I have had lately, too.

Thoughts, opinions, snarky remarks? All are welcome. :p

kaomera

Explorer
I'm not sure how you would manage to get Ardent Vow from a Pally MC, I thought you couldn't normally swap for class features? If you can I'd go for it, and as a DM I might even be willing to cut you some slack because the rug was pulled out from under you by the errata... But I'm a big old softie that way, and even I have to admit that you should have seen that one coming.

You might want to look at the Ardent Champion PP - especially if the crit range was what you where mainly interested in from SoC. Gives you a nearly the same crit range vs. your OoE target and a nice bonus at 16th level.

edit to add: Ardent Champion requires Censure of Pursuit - but if you took a different Censure, maybe your DM would be willing to let you retrain it; again: rug, pulled out from under, and all that... Anyway, it would seem worth a try.

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Okay, after I posted this I read up on multiclassing and learned that it doesn't work at all like I supposed. Thread failure. :.-(

Bummer.

Remove ads