OD&D Are there unofficial BECMI Errata?

Alby87

Adventurer
Hi! I was reading some info on the unofficial erratas for the Rules Cyclopedia, I was asking mysellf if there are also unofficial errata for the BECMI books, but I couldn't find any.
I know there are some errors (like the "Create food" spell for cleric), it would be nice if some document about them exists.

Thank you for your help :)
Alby

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
My understanding has always been that the Rules Cyclopedia IS the combined collation of the BECMI rules. No?

So if there is "unofficial errata" (and I have no concept of what that is supposed to mean...if it is not official from the publisher/author...in what way is it "errata?") for the RC, then you already have it for BECMI.

I am curious, however, what this "error" about the Create Food spell is to which you refer.

But to answer your question, if there is "unofficial BECMI errata" doc's floating around the interwebs (separate and apart from the RC stuff), I do not know of or where to find them.
Sorry.

Lyxen

Great Old One
To complement this, with the way BECMI was published, I think they introduced small modification in later publications where needed, and because the cyclopaedia is just the compilation of that, I don't think there were further errata.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
My understanding has always been that the Rules Cyclopedia IS the combined collation of the BECMI rules. No?

Sort of, in the same way that the "BE" of BECMI is just the same as B/X.

Which is to say ... yes, but no.

RC is BECM (no I!), but also changes and adds some small things (most of which you won't notice until you do ... seriously, it's a lot of tiny changes like minute difference in weapon restrictions or unarmed combat, or even changes to move/fight rule), and includes rules from the Gazeteers (such as skills & magic item research).

Alby87

Adventurer

So if there is "unofficial errata" (and I have no concept of what that is supposed to mean...if it is not official from the publisher/author...in what way is it "errata?") for the RC, then you already have it for BECMI.

I am curious, however, what this "error" about the Create Food spell is to which you refer.

But to answer your question, if there is "unofficial BECMI errata" doc's floating around the interwebs (separate and apart from the RC stuff), I do not know of or where to find them.
Sorry.

Yes, RC is the combination of BECM, but there were some rules added and some modifications made, and variants rules added.

The "error" I was speaking of was, in Expert book, that the spell is for Clerics of at least 10 level for foraging twelve people, but the description says that you can create food for other twelve people every cleric level after the 8, not 10. In a table in one book (Companion or Master, the one with mass battle rules), it says that the correct value is starting from 10. This error was copyed in the RC, and corrected in the unofficial errata.

I was curious if someone has made an errata for the single books, with no house rules, just those kind of slipups. Hope I've explained better this time :)

...and, apparently, a simple google search will suffice.

I already saw that page, but it's pretty empty.

Remove ads