Are We Going To See Blue Beetle?

Kaodi

Hero
While I do not believe jonrog1 to be substantially involved with the movie it just occurred to me that Blue Beetle might be a decent candidate for being the first movie I have seen in theatre since the pandemic began. I wanted to see Top Gun 2, but was unable, and I did not get an opportunity to see The Way of Water. And I cannot do the Barbenheimer experience properly (back to back). But while I am not a comics buyer I did find a copy of the modern Blue Beetle #1 years ago, and Jamie Reyes is the version jonrog1 wrote for.

I was just wondering for whom else the EN World connection may influence their decision to see it.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Probably not. I'm really not interested in the DCU anymore. Too many reboots, soft resets, and casting changes. They keep trying to make it work, but fail badly at pretty much every turn (the sole exception being Peacemaker, IMO). They should just put it to bed.

Retreater

Legend
I loved the Blue Beetle comics, but I just don't know. I did watch Shazam 2 (on a plane), and it wasn't terrible. I am just honestly tired of the entire superhero genre. I haven't watched an MCU movie or series in a couple years. Can't bring myself to watch The Flash either.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I like the actor from Cobra Kai, but this is a later Blue Beetle than I know or care about and, honestly, I don't have it in me to watch any more Snyderverse movies (even if this one's status as one is debatable). If it gets good reviews by anyone other than hardcore fanboys, I'll watch it the next time I'm subscribed to whatever the HBO app is called at that point.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Looks fun, but I haven't been to the cinema since 2019, and I doubt anything can get me back in if D&D, Mario, and GotG 3 failed to do so.

Kaodi

Hero
My Sister and brother-in-law have not been nearly as cautious as I have for reasons that are not anyone heres business but that is actually part of the dynamic for me. Were it just me alone I would not be worried about going at all, but there is a matter of a movie being something my brother-in-law and I could do together. Not sure if he is interested in Blue Beetle, though I think it more likely he could go for The Marvels later this year..

Remove ads