• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you a good role player?

Rate your role playing ability

• Excellent, few better

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Very good, top 10%

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Good, I got game

Votes: 87 45.5%
  • Just Average

Votes: 44 23.0%
  • Below Average, I need Help

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Pretty Bad, I really need help

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Terrible, I'm close to being beyond help

Votes: 4 2.1%

Dread October

First Post
I consider myself a fine roleplayer but I am not really a details person. I remember what my characters would remember and tend to play them consistant with the vision I had for them when I started out. I don't tend to play certain types of characters simply becuase my friends all have a them that they're following and I like to fill in the blanks to see what I come up with.

I'm not one for playing a race or class as they have always been presented in books because I think that there are more than enough of those types of characters around. Once I figure out what I want to do with a character, I tend to find a way to make it fun for everyone.

I'd rate myself an 8/10

Dread October

Last edited:

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I guess I'm an alright roleplayer. I tend to be more of a strategist, but I do get into character and I have played more than just one character-type.

Kane

Berandor

lunatic
I think I am a good role-player. I have characters with backstory and motivation and try to inhabit their skin. I also rarely make rules blunders and therefore am probably easy to deal with, even if I have the tendency to correct mistakes that will help the group. I respect the DM and am mostly content to let him run the game as he sees fit, extending my trust even to issues where I think the rules don't cover his actions anymore. Finally, I will adapt my character's personality to conform to the group, so that while standing out as a unique character, I will not endanger the group mentality and camaraderie.

I sometimes get overly defensive with attempts to help or revive my PCs (I want to suffer for my successes), and I tend to grow enamored with new character concepts too easily. I also have no great ability to speak with accents or change my voice and keep the change over several game sessions.

I'd rate me 7/10, maybe 8/10 on good days.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
well top 12-25% actually.

I base this on the fact that I have played 4 individual advancement tournement games each with 8 players. In every game I advanced to the second round(based on RP). If advancement is based on tactics or success - I only advanced once, and I was bored. My modus Operendi is to play off the other really good roleplayers, so I am seen as the second best at most tables of 8. The problem is that I need a good player to work with, otherwise I get bogged down in straitegy- which Im not great at, say a 5 of 10

In the 2nd round of these games, I did less well. If everyone is good, then I don't work as hard for the limelight. I still have a lot of fun playing in these games.
This is happening in one PbP game where we have a great group, and have gotten a couple of comments from readers on our RP : ).
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=115270

Remove ads