• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you a teacher?

Are you a teacher?

• Yupp, let's torture the little brats.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Nope, I never understood all that stuff they need to teach.

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • I'd like to but I earn more money elsewhere.

Votes: 26 40.0%

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I've been teaching since August 1996. I currently teach 4th grade at a Catholic school with a classical education emphasis. I teach grammar, Roman history, American history, mathematics (at a 5th-6th grade level), science, literature (we're currently reading Brian Jacques's Redwall), theology, and composition. Another teacher handles their instruction in Latin.

Good times!

:D

kenobi65

First Post
Option 3, I suppose.

I'd kind of like to teach -- specifically, I had college professors who told me I should consider coming back to teach someday. I've done several guest lectures (on marketing / market research), and enjoyed it quite a bit.

But, I don't want to get my Ph.D., which means I'd likely be limited to being a lecturer. And, I make good money today (at an ad agency), so there's some golden handcuffs involved.

Besides, my wife is an elementary-school teacher, at a small Lutheran school. One of us has a job that pays well, and one of us has a job that benefits humanity, so we're in a certain amount of balance. :)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I will finish this summer the (post degree) specializing school that's mandatory in Italy for high school teaching (Mathematics and Physics in my case).

I've come late to this path after a couple of change of careers (IT and academic research). Many consider me mad for having left the academic world for the school, but so far, I'm pretty happy... :)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
In final stages of getting a certificate and finishing up education degree, already sub part time.

Never realized how much more Bureaucracy had settled in until I went back to college. I swear our school system(s) are petrifying in it.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Option 3, I guess. Still trying to find some college to hire me faculty, so I can get off the postdoc merry-go-round!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm licensed to teach high school physics in Massachusetts. Unfortunately, I make half again as much doing other things. Hopefully, in the future, I'll be able to go back and teach...

Darklone

Guess this thread shows that gaming and teaching goes well together.

And yupp, that crazy smile on my face when I start another experiment in class ("the doomsday machine again!") does wonders for the kids attention.

RuminDange

First Post
Starting teaching as a Adjunct Instructor last year for Senior/Graduate level CS application development and now doing that that and going to be teaching database implementation next semester. So far no complaints, except they would like me to be easier and do away with team projects. :]

I guess the RBDM in me is coming out in teaching too. :D

RD

Remove ads