• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you buying a DDI subscription?

Are you buying a DDI subscription or not?

• Poll closed .

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Meh. I'll join if I ever like 4e enough to run a game, for the duration of the game. As long as I'm a player, all I need for my one character is the book the race and class are in, and for that little bit of info, I can page through the collection at Borders rather than give WotC money.

Thanee

First Post
Well, I hope they will compile the extra stuff (i.e. Class Acts) put out there into books eventually. That's where it belongs. ;)

Not really interested in a subscription.

Bye
Thanee

Miyaa

First Post
Nope. They haven't demonstrated a level of routine quality or usability for me with the material in Dragon and Dungeon, especially since I don't plan on switching to 4e. Even if I just wasn't using the core PoL setting, but was still playing FR, they've rendered down that setting in 4e to conform to the core flavor assumptions as much as possible to the point of absurdity. As such they've really hurt any chance of ever getting me to subscribe, which was already going to be difficult given the bad taste in my mouth after they killed the print magazines at the height of what amounted to the magazines' second golden age.

I will however reserve the price of a month's subscription in a jar on my desk at work and use it to buy a beer with which to toast them if the major digital tools of the DDI that were already supposed to be out end up getting canned or out-sourced. Call me doom and gloom, I prefer to call it pragmatic based on what we've seen so far with the current DDI progress and in previous digital efforts.

Said it better than I could myself. But, I do reserve the right to purchase it later if I believe they've improved substantially in a year's time.

BlackMoria

First Post
Undecided.

My feelling right now is the DDI is alot like Buckley's cough syrup. You hope that you feel better in the long run after taking it but taking those spoonfuls to get to that point is a bloody awful experience.

Drengy

Explorer
I'm definitely buying the magazine subscription level, I'm loving Dragon right now.

But I'm still very much on the fence about the higher level with the programs. Lack of Mac compatibility is a big issue for me. I know I can run under virtualization, but that's a lot of hassle.

RefinedBean

First Post
Going for a year's subscription. I can afford the 60 bucks, and I'm in enough games that I'd like to utilize the Character Visualizer. As a DM, I'm really looking forward to the Compendium and the Game Table.

However, I'm hoping the quality of Scales of War picks up...although really, I've only run my group through Rescue at Rivenroar.

Serendipity

Explorer
No. The only reason I would is for Dungeon and Dragon, but they're, um......not really doing it for me, to say the least.
In a year or so, after things are up and running (or not) I may take a look and reconsider, but right now it'd be a waste of money for me. YMMV however.

Jack99

Adventurer
Wouldn't a poll like this be more interesting if you were asking the people who actually play (or want to play) 4e? I mean, it's not really a surprise that those who chose to stay with another edition aren't paying.

Anyway, compendium and magazines here, if I want to play online, I prefer WoW.

darjr

I crit!
Wouldn't a poll like this be more interesting if you were asking the people who actually play (or want to play) 4e? I mean, it's not really a surprise that those who chose to stay with another edition aren't paying.

Good point.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads