• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you buying the rule books separately or as a gift set?

johnnype

First Post
At least at Amazon it's cheaper to buy the gift set $62.97 vs. $69.21. You also get a slick slipcase as well.

Perhaps if you were only planning to play as a PC I could see why the only buying the PHB would be a good deal. If you plan to GM in the future it's a no brainer.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I was looking at the difference, and I managed to score such a deal on the set that it is what I went with. I'm going to pick up an extra PHB from the FLGS to help them out as well, I will be able to gift a friend with it when my other copy arrives. Good times!

--Steve

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Both. :D
I'm ordering the set from Amazon, and I'm picking up the PHB on release day at my FLGS.

So that way I get to read the most important book on day 1, and I'll end up with 2 PHBs (which I always find I need anyway).

hcm

First Post
I'm buying the books separately at a local gaming store. They need the support, and for books that I'll be using so much I wanna make sure I get really good copies (flawless binding, covers that aren't slightly bent etc). This also prevents annoying chinks caused by mail. Sure, it's a few bucks extra compared to amazon, but for the core books I think it's a no brainer :).

PeterWeller

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
I'm ordering the set from Amazon, and I'm picking up the PHB on release day at my FLGS.

So that way I get to read the most important book on day 1, and I'll end up with 2 PHBs (which I always find I need anyway).

Me too.

Ander00

First Post
I was going to get whichever was cheaper, either the set or the three separate books. But as I'm currently running a star wars campaign and probably won't be DMing for a while, I've cancelled all my preorders except the PHB.

cheers

Moon-Lancer

First Post
SteveC said:
I was looking at the difference, and I managed to score such a deal on the set that it is what I went with. I'm going to pick up an extra PHB from the FLGS to help them out as well, I will be able to gift a friend with it when my other copy arrives. Good times!

--Steve

This is exactly what I am doing.

Ashrem Bayle said:

Exactly... I see a trend.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads