• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you going to buy an EXTRA copy of the PHB?

I've ordered 7 copies of the PHB and one copy of the D&D Gift Set from Amazon. I'm also buying a single copy from my FLGS at the Midnight Release Party on June 5th.

I made a promise to my group in October 2006 that if D&D4e came out before GenCon 08, I'd buy them all a copy of the PHB.

-TRRW

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
neceros said:
To answer you, I've already ordered my set on Amazon, One Day shipping with Amazon Prime. Let's home it gets here in one day.

Just thought I'd warn you that D&D 4E is not like Harry Potter, where the publisher, distributor, and Amazon all get together and expedite everything so that people receive their Amazon orders the same day that books appear in brick & mortar stores.

Instead, the distributor sends out all orders to all retailers at the same time, timed so that they arrive June 5 or 6. So the same day Borders gets books and puts them on shelves is the same day Amazon gets books and puts them on (warehouse) shelves. Amazon then has to process those books, pack them, and have UPS pick them up. UPS then takes them from Amazon's warehouse to its warehouse, processes them again, and ships them out to airports or trucks. Then they go local UPS warehouses, another process, and then out for delivery.

From a practical standpoint, that all means that 1-day shipping from Amazon will get you a PHB into your hands about 2-5 days after they appear on physical store shelves. I guarantee you that you will *not* get your book on June 7.

Sorry to be a debbie downer. :) Just want to set expectations. I love Amazon--I used to work there; I wrote the Amazon review of the 3E PHB--and I've ordered my 4E set from them myself, with the free 2-day shipping I get for being an Amazon Prime subscriber. I expect my books around the 10th or 11th.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
abeattie said:
Dude.. seriously? Do you read how mean that sounds?

The guy who runs our game wants to play 4e, but screw him -- he has to buy everything and make all the investments of time and money before we'll give it a chance.

I feel bad for your DM man.

I don't know how it's mean that none of us want to convert to 4E, and he won't stop insisting on it. You could say, it is the other way around, in fact...

The_Baldman

Explorer
What if you already have more then one copy? I'll probably end up with 4-5 of them plus a couple of the limited ones by the time it's all said and done.

nytflyr

First Post
I only do that on games that are out of print, and then only if I can get them cheap enough... Adventure!, Warahmmer FRP (1st edition), Cyberpunk 2020... I never buy multiples of new books, if my players want a copy they can buy it themselves

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Wulf Ratbane said:
Why would I buy a copy of the PHB when I can just use the SRD?

Oh, wait. :uhoh:
Wait, indeed. :cool:

I only ordered the three-pack set from Amazon. I have never needed multiple copies of any of my other gaming rulebooks; people who want to play the game generally have their own books. I doubt this one will be the exception.

Last edited:

Remove ads