• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you happy with your current gaming situation?

Please check all that apply:

• I am completetly satisfied with how often I game and with how often I play in and run games.

Votes: 55 28.1%
  • I would prefer to game [b]more[/b] frequently.

Votes: 130 66.3%
  • I would prefer to game [b]less[/b] frequently.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would prefer to run a game [b]more[/b] often than I currently do.

Votes: 64 32.7%
  • I would prefer to run a game [b]less[/b] often than I currently do.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I would prefer to play in a game [b]more[/b] often than I currently do.

Votes: 92 46.9%
  • I would prefer to play in a game [b]less[/b] often than I currently do.

Votes: 2 1.0%

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
I have played precisely thrice since January 2008. There are so many factors working against my group now. Some of us have played together for over 20 years, and now we can't even arrange once a month. My son loves to play, but won't play solo adventures. He's asked several friends to play under my DMing, but they have no interest in the game. I suffer from anxiety disorder, so the thought of playing in my FLGS or creating a new group sends me running to my Xanax.

This is the twilight of my gaming career.

Frost

First Post
I play every other week, DMing and playing at alternate sessions. Being married with kids, that is pretty good for me. I used to DM every session and I'm finding playing every other session a welcome change.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I do a lot of gaming of all kinds but as far as RPGing with D&D is concerned, I currently have a (nearly) weekly group of five players for whom I DM.

Aeolius

Adventurer
I run a PbP game here on ENWorld, but I haven't played face-to-face in (calculating, calculating ...) 15 years.

The last face-to-face game I DMed was in 1994, so I'm in the same boat. I started running PbP games in 1995 and have run two PbP campaigns and two chat-based campaigns since then.

Given that I now have seven children, I could never comfortably commit to either running or attending regular face-to-face game sessions with any degree of regularity.

I wouldn't mind trying Maptools, but I have a few players than have trouble with mibbit, never mind getting them comfortable with an actual IRC app.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Given that I now have seven children, I could never comfortably commit to either running or attending regular face-to-face game sessions with any degree of regularity.

Do they not game or do they just prefer games above sea level? :D

Edgewood

First Post
I am rather stuck in my current situation and can only play an on-line game, due mostly to geography really. If I had my way I would have a more reliable group that met face to face to play instead of an online forum. Oh well, I'm sure that it will swing my way some day.

Ktulu

First Post
We play once a week for about 4-5 hours a session. It's perfect for me. I rarely play, but often wish I was running the game while playing, so it doesn't bother me that I get about 4 sessions of playing a year.

Robert Ranting

First Post
Despite the fact that I have a few issues with the consistency of my gaming (missed sessions), I chose completely satisfied so that I don't seem like I'm ungrateful for my situation.

You see, I still live a couple blocks from my old college campus, and I work a very predictable graveyard shift job at a hotel, so I have plenty of time to game and lots of folks to do it with. Provided that nothing goes wrong, my schedule is something like this:

Every Other Sunday Evening, 7-10:30pm, I play in a 3.5 D&D game set in an Arabic/North African setting. When the game started, there were four players, which quickly became three, and recently fell to two. Due to the setting and the tone of the game, our efforts to bring in new blood have failed miserably, so we are likely going to switch to gestalt rules and keep going with only two. Of course, with two players, if anything comes up, the session is canceled, meaning that on an average month, we have one session.

One Random Weeknight (Mon-Thurs), 6-10, I play in an Eberron Campaign that uses the Pathfinder Beta Rules, plus setting specific stuff. This game has the worst issues with attendance, because the DM refuses to run without all five players, and the night of the game changes to "whenever we can do it". It is worth noting that this game consists of Myself, my girlfriend, my roomate, and our two next door neighbors, plus one guy who lives on campus 2 blocks away, so it is easier to throw things together at the last minute, but we are still lucky to have two sessions a month, if that.

Saturdays, 7-midnight, I DM a homebrew game that uses a hybrid of Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved, 3.5, and homebrew material. I have six players, but generally run if I have four warm bodies show up. (In fairness, however, I have cancelled the game on occasion due to concerns about players missing important plot points). Generally speaking, this game is the most regular in it's schedule, having planned breaks for holidays and generally meeting at least 3 times a month.

All told, I game anywhere from zero to three times a week, and I feel very fortunate to be able to play as often as I do when it is so hard for most gamers to even keep one game going between work, their families, etc. Still, even with so many games going, there have still been periods where I go 2-3 weeks without a single game session, and we all know how annoying that can be.

Robert "I Really Have No Room To Complain" Ranting

Remove ads