• No, I don't use digital tools

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • No, I don't like subscriptions

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • No, the one-time cost is too high

Votes: 25 11.2%

DaveDash

Explorer
My monsters manual is falling apart, and it's too much of a hassle to get it replaced. I will definitely repurchase the monsters manual for a cheaper price within the first seven days. I might also get a PHB as well.

Much cheaper than buying the books outside the US this way - which are typically $50-$60.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
The poll seems a bit contradictory. It asks if you plan on subscribing, then one of the options is about a one time fee which is not the same as subscribing. I plan on buying the PHB content and using it without subscribing, and then maybe subscribing if my friends create accounts so I can share my stuff with them.

So I definitely plan on using it but maybe I'll subscribe eventually.

No, I already have purchased digital versions of the books (FG) so I don't see that Beyond gives me enough new capabilities to justify it.

A couple of things I don't like about it;
- subscription

guachi

Hero
I tried the beta for free today for about 15 minutes. I've also tried Roll20. If I could figure out the map part of Roll 20 I'd probably use at least the free version once in a game if I ever played at my house. The idea of a map on a 55" screen seems really cool!

I think I'll try D&D Beyond in the free version a few more times to see if I like it more than using Word and Excel to create campaign related stuff.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
No, I already have purchased digital versions of the books (FG) so I don't see that Beyond gives me enough new capabilities to justify it.

A couple of things I don't like about it;
- subscription
I'm actually looking more at getting fantasy grounds, I'm primarily waiting for the upgrade to the unity engine.

I'm actually looking more at getting fantasy grounds, I'm primarily waiting for the upgrade to the unity engine.
I think you will be happy if you don't wait. We really don't know when FGU will come, it has been in development for a long time.

But, that doesn't mean that the current engine doesn't get regular updates and enhancements. It really is very capable and though it doesn't have some of the flash that FGU will have, it's does a great job on many things.

Stop by the FG forums if you haven't, I know you'll find it a friendly and helpful place.

Satyrn

First Post
The poll seems a bit contradictory. It asks if you plan on subscribing, then one of the options is about a one time fee which is not the same as subscribing. I plan on buying the PHB content and using it without subscribing, and then maybe subscribing if my friends create accounts so I can share my stuff with them.

So I definitely plan on using it but maybe I'll subscribe eventually.

This is my plan, too - except that I might do less and just buy new books moving forward.

Remove ads